“Perfect lunch”

Whistle Stop Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
Whistle Stop Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 324 Restaurants in Renton
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Old World charm may be found in downtown Renton, Washington at the Whistle Stop Ale House. For over one hundred years people have come to this neighborhood next to the railroad tracks to enjoy a pint among friends. Adding to the rustic charm is the cherry wood back bar which traveled to the Alaskan Gold Rush before finding a home in Renton. Today's brand new Whistle Stop has seventeen rotating taps that feature the finest ales and lagers of the Pacific Northwest and the World. Freshly grilled deli sandwiches are the menu specialty along with soups, salads and appetizers. Swing by for a quick lunch or spend an afternoon, either way the service is always friendly and the beer is always fresh.
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We were glad we stopped by the Whistle Stop. The steaks were well done. The chowder was chock full of clams and bacon bits. And most of all my companion’s spaghetti sauce had been simmering all day.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Lunch during the holidays provided good food and a festive atmosphere. The Reuben is to die for - could only eat a half with a good salad on the side. It is smothered in a most delicious sauce. Plenty of napkins are needed. Hash was average - needed some spicing. Service was great!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The place looks nice but the staff seem very uninterested in their customers. It was as if we were unwanted guest. Food was sub par and healthy options were even worst. When I asked for a beer menu I received a handwritten illegible scrap piece of paper. Definitely won't be returning..

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Last night was our latest experience. The waiter was really great. He remembered what my wife likes she is gluten free , so she had a gluten free pulled pork and hamburger & a salad. I had chicken caltacore with sweet potatoes mashers. It was really good.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

What I like about this place is that the menu has creativity and does not just throw out the normal bar fare. We came in for breakfast, not knowing what to expect. I went with the Crab Cake Benedict, my son had the Huevos Rancheros and my wife had a Monte Cristo sandwich. All were good, not off the charts, but again, not your norm. Our server was pleasant, and I give a lot of points for trying to differentiate yourself.

Been to Whistle Stop Ale House? Share your experiences!