“Surprisingly good hotel”

Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent one night at this hotel, and then returned two weeks after for a 3 nights stay. The room experience was different on both stays. The first time I got what I would call a regular room, which was OK although a little bit noisy. The second time I got a bigger room with better lightning, updated A/C system, and it was even cleaner (when compared with the room before.) Personnel in this hotel is nice, and the shuttle drivers are even nicer... Always available to help you and even drive you to the car rental place if possible. Although there is no restaurant at the hotel, they have a bistro that serves good food and prices are not bad. I did not use the gym, but used the business center and the pool, and both were fine. Location wise, it is PERFECT, just across the street of the airport and the train station.

I have two big disappointments with this hotel, though: (1) When I asked for a microwave oven to heat some left overs, I was asked to go to the employee's break room and use their oven there. Man, what a disgusting place!!! Not clean at all, total chaos (kind of abandoned storage room), smelly, and the story continues... I cannot understand how the hotel owners or management treat their employees so badly with such a horrible room. They should tear down that place and build something decent for their employees and guest (since they asked me to use it as well); and (2) The bistro MUST update their cashier register/POS terminal. One day they had a sign stating that they were CLOSED. When I asked, I was told that their cashier register was not working - it was not loading, so they were not able to take any orders. Their system is so old that if the cashier register doesn't load, they cannot even open the money drawer; they have no way for manually accessing their money. A couple minutes later, one lady showed up with a bag of money and they started to take orders manually. Management: don't be that cheap and update your POS terminal and/or cashier register.

Room Tip: Third floor, on the right wing
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I have used this property previously. It is not a "great" hotel, but is certainly located very well. It is directly across the street from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, and is less than a mile from the rental car facility. Also, the Link Light Rail system has a station within walking distance of the hotel. It was quiet, although the bed wasn't great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We arrived in SEA airport after 11 pm. We went to the hotel shuttle pick up spot and tried calling the hotel using the provided phone. We tried many times, sometimes we got a busy signal, other times, the phone just rang for a long time but nobody picked up. We saw pretty much every other hotel shuttle drive by, some several times. We waited about 30 minutes, and we decided to get a cab, the driver convinced us that the shuttle should be arriving any minute. The shuttle finally arrived and we made it to the hotel. Upon check-in, we were told that they were having phone problems the last few hours, but no apology was offered. The hotel is old and somewhat run down, it's also in front of a power plant, there is no free breakfast and the food is considerably pricey at the on-site bistro. On the positive side, the bed was very comfortable and it is very close to the Link station. I would recommend only for a very short stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very convenient from sea-tac, and seemed reasonably priced for an overnight stay, and has a good airport shuttle pick up.

Arriving at 11:40am I wasn't expecting to be able to check-in to a room my friend had booked, but was pleasantly surprised when the girl at the desk said she'd be able to check me in just as soon as a room was available. 2hrs later, sitting 3m from reception and not having been told of room becoming available I went back to ask about the room - same girl, no memory of speaking to me before....
Then was told that I wouldn't be able to check in until my friend arrived (not due for another 5 hours), but to hold on and she'd check with her manager if there was anything they could do. 50mins later and no-one had come back to me, and turns out she'd clocked off her shift and not passed on the info to colleagues.
Rules/check-in guidance weren't the issue, poor customer service with bad info was - wouldn't have chosen to sit in reception area for 3hrs if had been given the correct info originally.

Hard to be positive after that experience; rooms were average standard, and hotel bar/restaurant was bland and basic - very friendly and polite staff in there.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Clean , quiet rooms. Courteous front desk staff.
The hotel has a bistro that offers good sandwiches and draft beers.
The location is very good. Very close to the airport and also down the street is the light rail station and you can get easily to downtown.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business