“wow, what a great experience.”
Review of 42nd Street Cafe

42nd Street Cafe
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Seaview
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

wow, what a great experience. Food and service were excellent, just as it should be in a place of this caliber.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Excellent choice for supper one night. Had the Long Beach trifecta...crab, Manila clams and razor clams. Excellent service!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We've been living in Texas since 2009 so have only been to the Peninsula once in that time :-( and have missed 42nd Street, one of our favorites.

It's just as good as ever! Great ambience, personnel, and food. We both had the clam chowder (Cherie's clam chowder is, no question, the best we've had anywhere--just perfect). My wife had the pasta carbonara and loved it. A twist was capers (usual in piccata), which she liked. I had an old favorite, the 9 hour pot roast: oh so tender and delicious, with mashed potatoes (homemade, of course).

Their homemade bread and preserves are fantastic. We also had glasses of wine (an Oregon Pinot Noir and a Rose) and after dinner drinks to go with the homemade ice cream (reese's peanut butter cup): Red Breast Irish whiskey and a nice port.

Just a great meal!

We'll be back for breakfast tomorrow, but can't review twice in a row. I suspect we'll have the beignets (always spectacular) and who knows what else?

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 24 February 2018

The 42nd Street Cafe provides an exemplary dining experience whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner. We have eaten here many, many times over the past several years and have never been disappointed. When visiting the peninsula with out of state friends we always make certain to take them for at least one meal here. Over a lengthy period of time we have sampled literally every item on the menu, all of which have been scrumptious! They provide a very nice wine list and their Vesper martini is to be highly recommended. The owner personally welcomes his diners, which adds to the comfortable atmosphere of the cafe.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We've been here for breakfast on a prior trip to the area, so I was looking forward to coming back. Billed Gourmet Comfort Food, I'm not sure I agree.

I breakfast was decent, but not anything super special. My potatoes were greasy and my toast under toasted. My husband's breakfast was something different he liked it well enough.

Ultimately, I think this is a decent enough place to eat although I don't know that we would go out of our way to come back.