“Seek and Ye Shall Find”

Add it.
SanMaRu Grill
Ranked #22 of 92 Restaurants in Shoreline
Reviewed 8 July 2016

I got a taste for Korean BBQ a few years ago. Trying to find a place that compares to that first hot, delicious, meaty goodness is rather difficult. I'm not a fan of spending my money on places that may not live up to my expectations.

Luckily for me, a friend of mine (who loves to explore food as much as I), insisted we find a Korean BBQ place halfway between her house and mine. We agreed on this place.

Getting into the parking lot is kind of tricky. My friend spent a few minutes calling her GPS all sorts of names, and I was trying to convince mine that I knew more than it did. Fortunately, we found the parking lot well enough. Now, just to warn you, the Grill and the Dumpling House share a building with multiple businesses. To add to the confusion, the Dumpling House and the Grill share the same entry way! As you walk in, continue moving forward, and you will see the sign for the Grill.

We ordered the Angus Brisket and the Seasoned Pork. Along with all of this came an Asian potato salad (which was kind of sweet tasting), kimchee (one in cabbage and one in Daikon), some salad, pickled squash, some fish skin, dried baby anchovies with peanuts (these were surprisingly delicious), sticky rice, and a host of other sauces and tiny accoutrements. We were also given tea that tasted vaguely like liquid honey nut Cheerios. Not too shabby.

There's a button on the wall that you can press if you need your waiter for anything, that way they're not hovering over your table and interrupting the flow of conversation... or eating. The waiters are unobtrusive when they come and go, bringing dishes, taking them away, regulating the temperature of the grill in the center of the table. A wonderful experience overall.

The only loud part was the fans overhead, which are turned on whenever the grill is operational, in order to suck the smoke outside. Makes for some difficult conversation at times, but then again, you could use this time to practice lip-reading. LOL

And the bathrooms... Tranquil, clean... with cool doors reminiscent of the Middle Ages. Iron grates on the outside covering a port that one presumably could look through from the inside, you know, in case there was an attack from a neighboring kingdom... or something.

Reviewed 20 April 2015

Of the Korean BBQ's that our Korean friends have taken us to, this is by far the best food and atmosphere. The combo plate is a massive supply of meats. A must try!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have to admit, I'm not an expert on Korean cuisine, but I was introduced to the SanMaRu Grill by someone who spent a year in Korea, and he assures me it is very authentic. The food that I've tried is excellent. I've tried three varieties of the Bibimbap (spicy chicken, spicy pork and the boneless short ribs). All were excellent. Lunch came with a wide assortment of small plates of excellent kimchee. I highly recommend this restaurant. I'm looking forward to many future visits to try other items.