“Amazing!!!!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here for dinner when we were in town for a night. We had actually walked right by it on our way to find somewhere to eat and didn't even give it a second look until we were on our way back after not finding anything appealing. We are sure glad we did! This place was amazing. The server was so nice and attentive without being too pushy! The food was absolutely incredible. We all loved it! I had the beef stroganoff which was by far the best I have ever had! My 7 year old gives the onion rings and the calamari a very enthusiastic thumbs up! My mom had the short ribs and loved every single bite! Next time we are in Spokane this is definitely a stop for us!!!

1  Thank Lindsay G

Reviewed 8 July 2017

My son and I visited during Hoopfest so we were not expecting fast service. However, they did a great job and the service was very hospitable. From the name, it is obvious that they have beer on the menu. However, I would have liked a few more local options, as opposed to the Deschutes pint that I selected (although a favorite of mine so I can't complain too much).

My son and I both ordered the short ribs with mashed potatoes. My son devoured his plate (other than the broccoli). The potatoes were excellent and the sauce was tasty (although I could have used more sauce). The short ribs were a little over-cooked, so the extra sauce would have helped there. Overall, a good dinner option but not excellent.

The star of the night was the fried mozzarella. I am usually not a huge fan of the overly battered, fried string cheese version that you typically see at pubs or burger joints. However, my son was starving so I relented. Good thing that I did - this was without a doubt the best fried mozz that I have ever had. The batter was tempura-like, but lighter than normal. The cheese was not the sting cheese version, but some super melting, non-stringing, smooth, mellow version that works perfectly with the crunch and salt of the batter. Even if you are not hungry for dinner, I recommend the fried mozz and a pint - especially after Hoopfest!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

One of the many jokes this morning from the bartender! James is great. He ran the entire restaurant for the breakfast crowd and he kept everyone entertained.
Their b&g are rock star. The gravy tastes a little different then what I'm used to but it was great. For a hotel place it was a good value.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Food tastes good and well priced given it is downtown Spokane. Server is extremely nice, ask for Erin.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Stopped by the Post Street Ale House this past April as we always do. My wife and I regularly use your gift cards which are purchased by a family member in the amounts of $500.00 and $750.00 and we have been doing this for the past 4 years with no complaints until now. Our waiter, who evidently from what was said to another patron was not in a very good mood, as that was what we overheard him saying. Anyway, We took a seat and he came up and dropped two menus on the table with water and walked off. The menu's were very stained and should have been replaced as they are only made of news print. My wife excused herself and was gone for 10 minutes. When she returned she asked if he had taken our drink order. I told her no, he has not come back to the table. My wife saw the waiters across the room and motioned that she would like to speak with him, to which he pointed a finger up as to say wait!. Finally he came over and my wife said we would very much like a drink and he acted somewhat put back but took the order, asking my wife "What can I get you "Honey"! He then took our order and I requested that he change the TV to the Hockey Game on the far TV, and he said "Maybe" and left. At this point I should point out we still had not received any silverware. He came back with the drinks and left. Our food was delivered by another server, who seeing we had no silverware, went and got us some. The TV had still not been changed so I went to the bar and asked the Bartender if she would not mind changing it and she said fine, after she finished a drink order. I went back and proceeded to eat. 15 minutes later the TV had not been changed so I asked another server and evidently three times was the charm as he walked up and did it. We finished eating and gave our gift card to the waiter. He came back after a few moments and handed the card to my wife stating "Sorry "Sweetie", but the card has no money on it"! At that point I was getting very upset with his manners. I told him to run the card again, he said he had done so twice...I said to do it again as we had this same issue three weeks ago. He took the card and left. At that point my wife who works for the Law Firm was very upset, not only with the entire card issue, but the fact that the waiter continued to call her Sweetie and Honey, which is very very unprofessional. My wife is in her sixties and that may go over nicely with young girls, but not an older professional woman. the waiter came back with the card and told us..Next time tell the waiter to run it manually as the strip must be as it has a crease in it. I told him it has a crease because that is how we received it back three weeks ago at the Brunch, as if someone did not want the card run again. At this point we just wanted out of there, but I did leave the waiter a very poor tip and wrote an explanation on the back of the receipt explaining why and that I would be contacting the Davenport Management. We enjoy eating at this establishment because the food is excellent and usually so is the service, but this experience has left us both embarrassed and unsure if we will continue to eat there in the future. I did contact Management, who sent an apology and said the issue would be dealt with.