“Best cocktails in the all of western Washington”
Review of Bon Bon

Bon Bon
Ranked #360 of 926 Restaurants in Spokane
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Cocktail lounge.
Reviewed 17 October 2011

So let me start off by saying that I’m not much of a fan of Spokane in general. There isn’t what I’d consider to be much culture or interest in the finer things in life; things that I find appealing. This definitely bares itself in the arenas of food and drink. That said, this cocktail lounge is intrinsically out of place and I was very, very glad for it. I can say with no bias that I had some of the absolutely finest cocktails here that I’ve ever had. Ever. Anywhere. At any price.
Bon Bon is not your standard bar. It most certainly is a lounge with old-school decor to match the building it’s in. Art Deco styling and interior motif set the mood as soon as you enter. The bar curls and curves to echo the lighting, which in turn is reminiscent of film going reel to reel. It’s a nice stylistic decision that really ties the place in with Garland Theater and the whole film theme. You feel like you have been transported to the 30s or 40s.
As for the cocktails, I can only rave and laud the work done there. You may read reviews that say they are/were understaffed and/or slow. When we were there, only one person was working. While we didn’t experience any delays, I can see how one person could get easily inundated. The reason for this is simple and the main reason one should go here – the drinks are crafted, not just poured. This means freshly squeezed juice for every cocktail and measurements are taken for every ingredient to insure the drink is perfect. Bottom line is that they are each and every one handcrafted to perfection.
The second reason one should stop by is the value. It’s on the extreme end of amazing. In any other metropolis one might expect to pay $10-$15 per drink. Three cocktails cost a mere $25. That’s inexpensive on almost any scale unless your top-shelf drink is <insert generic domestic lite beer here>. I’ve been to more than one place where a kamikaze poured with well booze was as much, if not more, than these classy glasses of liquid bliss.
My suggestion to anybody visiting Bon Bon is to talk to the folks that are working there and give them latitude to create something awesome just for you. They are very skilled and have a deep knowledge of the spirits on the wall. Ask about the Thai chili tincture.

1  Thank KidGlovez