“The drinks are strong.”

Ranked #347 of 937 Restaurants in Spokane
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Cocktail lounge.
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Nestled in the garland theater. My Peruvian wife and I decided to give it a try. The atmosphere is pretty good. Kind of a younger hippie scene with furniture from the 50s. The Greek appetizers are pretty good. The drinks are strong. Expensive, but strong. The only thing I have to complain about is the pisco is from chili. It's like getting vodka from mexico

Reviewed 26 July 2012

During a recent trip to Spokane for a class reunion, friends insisted we go to Bon Bon for a night cap. Not only were the cocktails exceptional (I'd say they have brought the art back to cocktails) but the service was off the charts. We got there around midnight and had the munchies - and wouldn't you know, the staff had no problem assembling an appetizer platter for us. This is a must stop and enjoy place if you are visiting Spokane for any reason.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I went to Bon Bon on a Thursday night with a group of about 8 people. The place is small, but there is one area for larger groups to sit. We ordered a wide variety of cocktails and beers here, and everyone was very impressed with the drinks. Gabe, the bartender, was very knowledgeable about drinks and made me something not on the menu. I told him the alcohol that I liked and he mixed up one of the best drinks I have ever had. This place reminds me of a bar that would be in a large city like Seattle or San Diego. The decor is great, the service is wonderful, and the drinks are top notch. This place really has "it" and I would highly recommend a visit here.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

If you want sublime, made from scratch cocktails, Bon Bon is your place. Their mixologists are so skilled you only need to tell them your liquor preferences and they'll do the rest - deliciously. The space is small, so those with space issue may not want to come on a weekend. It takes a bit longer to get your drink than the "point and shoot" sports bar but Bon Bon is well worth it.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

So let me start off by saying that I’m not much of a fan of Spokane in general. There isn’t what I’d consider to be much culture or interest in the finer things in life; things that I find appealing. This definitely bares itself in the arenas of food and drink. That said, this cocktail lounge is intrinsically out of place and I was very, very glad for it. I can say with no bias that I had some of the absolutely finest cocktails here that I’ve ever had. Ever. Anywhere. At any price.
Bon Bon is not your standard bar. It most certainly is a lounge with old-school decor to match the building it’s in. Art Deco styling and interior motif set the mood as soon as you enter. The bar curls and curves to echo the lighting, which in turn is reminiscent of film going reel to reel. It’s a nice stylistic decision that really ties the place in with Garland Theater and the whole film theme. You feel like you have been transported to the 30s or 40s.
As for the cocktails, I can only rave and laud the work done there. You may read reviews that say they are/were understaffed and/or slow. When we were there, only one person was working. While we didn’t experience any delays, I can see how one person could get easily inundated. The reason for this is simple and the main reason one should go here – the drinks are crafted, not just poured. This means freshly squeezed juice for every cocktail and measurements are taken for every ingredient to insure the drink is perfect. Bottom line is that they are each and every one handcrafted to perfection.
The second reason one should stop by is the value. It’s on the extreme end of amazing. In any other metropolis one might expect to pay $10-$15 per drink. Three cocktails cost a mere $25. That’s inexpensive on almost any scale unless your top-shelf drink is <insert generic domestic lite beer here>. I’ve been to more than one place where a kamikaze poured with well booze was as much, if not more, than these classy glasses of liquid bliss.
My suggestion to anybody visiting Bon Bon is to talk to the folks that are working there and give them latitude to create something awesome just for you. They are very skilled and have a deep knowledge of the spirits on the wall. Ask about the Thai chili tincture.

1  Thank KidGlovez

Been to Bon Bon? Share your experiences!