“Remember the Sixth Sense?”
Review of Bon Bon

Bon Bon
Ranked #364 of 929 Restaurants in Spokane
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Cocktail lounge.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We used to go here all the time. The prices are reasonable (especially during happy hour , the drinks are interesting, and the popcorn is free. So why am I giving it only two stars? The service is truly awful. The place is the size of a closet with a small patio in front, but somehow they still manage to ignore you. Just a tip: there is a mirror in the bathroom, so if you start getting panicky, you can go and make sure people can still see you. We sat on the patio for twenty minutes without being acknowledged. When the waiter finally came out he plopped the menus down without even a hello. When our friends joined us, they got the same treatment. I think management might want to have their bartenders watch some Cheers reruns (post Shelly Long, I'm not a monster). As we sat enjoying our delicious drinks and free popcorn, we decided to never come back.

3  Thank Thomas A

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have been to Bon Bon several times. We love the atmosphere, the drinks are delicious but the last few times we've sen in we have not felt the love for sure. The place is very small, so I would assume you would want some interaction with the bartender. This simply does not happen. When you try to get some dialog with the bartender, you get nothing back. We went in thinking, it will be b better this time, NOPE! We really want to love this place, I hope they will work on being more customer friendly. The drinks are great, it's warm and inviting other than the person behind the bar!

2  Thank SpokaneCrow
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We went into this place because of the reviews - classic cocktails, awesome, I have always had a penchant for the classics. Bartender asks us what we would like so we asked to see a cocktail menu - she sighs and walks over to a table and takes two menus away from a group of 6 who were like -WTF. Then she presented to us two stained and torn paper menus and we started to peruse the list.

Nothing there I like so I asked for a First Avenue created in NY in the 1800's. They never heard of it and asked what was in it, I told them and they said we don't carry that liqueur. "Fine" I said let's move to something in the 1900's "How about a Fog Cutter?" I ask(It was invented in the 1940's). Never heard of that either, what's in it they ask again - frustrated I goggled it on my phone since there appears to be no bartenders guide in this place. Once I found a recipe I showed them it and they said: "Sorry can't make that we don't have Orgeat syrup". HUH - When I bartended at TGIF in the late 80's they even had Orgeat syrup, it's used in lots of classic cocktails.

Ok this is getting ridiculous, so let me just order a simple drink, they are trying to be a classic cocktail house I'll order the favorite of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, a dubonnet and gin. Sorry sir we don't carry dubonnet . . . . . (sigh)

Kudos for them for being nice and trying and especially for using fresh squeezed juice in the drinks but they seriously need to expand their selection of alcohol and ingredients if they wish to make classic cocktails rather than just a few standards.

2  Thank RetiredChef2
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Enjoy Spokane's hottest spot to sample classic drinks! Step back in time to an era where drinks were made with homemade syrups, fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. Sit back and enjoy the vintage flavor of yesteryear while enjoying the vintage decor reflected from the Garland Theater that BonBon is tucked inside of. Easy parking and outside access, tasty apps and free popcorn. Hurry in, Spokanites and visitors! No other place it like it in the city.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Nestled in the garland theater. My Peruvian wife and I decided to give it a try. The atmosphere is pretty good. Kind of a younger hippie scene with furniture from the 50s. The Greek appetizers are pretty good. The drinks are strong. Expensive, but strong. The only thing I have to complain about is the pisco is from chili. It's like getting vodka from mexico

Been to Bon Bon? Share your experiences!