“Always Good...”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2014

The Olive Garden is one of our son's favorite places to eat . We appreciate the salads; myself as well, as I am diabetic. Our meals are always tasty and served in a decent time even when they are very busy. Our server was very friendly and seemed to love her job.
We noticed quite an increase in the prices since the last time we were there but also heard that the state had increased their minimum wage and so we see the direct reflection in the price of meals.
The meals were enjoyed by us and we would definetly return.

Reviewed 9 November 2014

I went with a friend for a weekend lunch. We started with our waitress spilling hot water on our table, She was apologetic about her "oops" but she never did clean up the spill. We had a complimentary appetizer of stuffed mushrooms, which were very appealing to look at, but the flavours did not seem to meld together well. I'd avoid these in the future.

Usually the salad is one of the best parts of the meal to me. Unfortunately the salad contained wilted lettuce for at least 25% of the lettuce content. We ordered a refill on the salad, and that was the same. The pasta bowl specials were quite salty, especially the mushroom alfredo.

Service overall was good, but I was upset when the waitress disappeared with our credit card when we were paying the bill. I was shocked that she didn't bring the credit card machine to our table and let us pay there.

I won't be racing back to this particular location. Next time I have a craving for Olive Garden, I'll try the Newport Hwy location. I do recall this downtown location being very tasty, but that was a couple of years back. Maybe I just hit it on an off day, because there were many people lined up in the foyer waiting for tables as we left. Hopefully they didn't leave disappointed as well.

Reviewed 22 October 2014

busy place...we ate at the bar which was cozy and a lot faster service. Did not feel rushed. Excellent meal

Reviewed 15 October 2014

Having not been in an Olive Garden in the past 12 years I was intrigued by the ranting of a goofy Darden (the parent company of the Olive Gardens) board member who claimed the restaurants were in financial trouble because: 1. They give too many breadsticks to diners. 2. They don't salt their pasta water. 3. Their to-go paper sacks are to expensive. WOW! This guy is some kind of restaurateur. I decided to check it out and myself and three friends went there for dinner. Beautiful, comfortable restaurant. Our server was Geoff and was one of the best servers I've ever encountered. He quickly brought those pesky breadsticks to the table and they were delicious. The best I have ever eaten. No wonder customers ask for more. So as I understand the genius board member he would reduce or eliminate the heart of the restaurant. If they ever change anything about the breadsticks I'll never go back. We can vote with our feet. Continuing on, the UNLIMITED soup, salad and pasta dishes were absolutely world class. This is in every respect a great restaurant and there is only one "fix" I would recommend. With the amount and quality of their food their current prices are too low. Every other product or business throughout our Country is jacking up their prices!!

1  Thank steelhead2007
Reviewed 26 September 2014

Downtown Spokane is a nice stroll, and the Olive Garden adds to it. The meal was filling, just two observations: the Olive Garden's version of cheese fondue is more of a cheesy melt to dip things in, and the gnocchi was sparse in the gnocchi soup.
Otherwise it was a good meal before strolling around downtown Spokane.