“Great food and service!”
Review of Olive Garden - CLOSED

Olive Garden
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2015

We took our family out for dinner after the drive from Nelson, BC. What a fantastic place to eat. Our kids thoroughly enjoyed their food and service.

1  Thank Johnny5Vernon_Canada

Reviewed 20 November 2014

We have loved going to Olive Garden for many years but have to admit that it is really not worth going to anymore. The food is not the same at all. It is like glorified franchise quick food made to look like it is supposed to be italian. The price for the lack of quality and presentation is clearly for their profit only and not to benefit the customer. One of the orders was 2/3 potatoes and a gooey sweet sauce and supposed to be marsala chicken. NOT acceptable at all. The eggplant parmesan is a joke and even the spaghetti with meat sauce was disappointing. the place felt unclean and the staff were very uncommitted to service.

Reviewed 19 November 2014

This restaurant never disappoints me. A great place to stop for lunch. Soup & salad & fresh bread sticks are so yummy! Service is always good & food arrives at the table very quickly. Everything is always clean & tidy!

1  Thank Betty K
Reviewed 19 November 2014

The Olive Garden is one of our son's favorite places to eat . We appreciate the salads; myself as well, as I am diabetic. Our meals are always tasty and served in a decent time even when they are very busy. Our server was very friendly and seemed to love her job.
We noticed quite an increase in the prices since the last time we were there but also heard that the state had increased their minimum wage and so we see the direct reflection in the price of meals.
The meals were enjoyed by us and we would definetly return.

Reviewed 9 November 2014

I went with a friend for a weekend lunch. We started with our waitress spilling hot water on our table, She was apologetic about her "oops" but she never did clean up the spill. We had a complimentary appetizer of stuffed mushrooms, which were very appealing to look at, but the flavours did not seem to meld together well. I'd avoid these in the future.

Usually the salad is one of the best parts of the meal to me. Unfortunately the salad contained wilted lettuce for at least 25% of the lettuce content. We ordered a refill on the salad, and that was the same. The pasta bowl specials were quite salty, especially the mushroom alfredo.

Service overall was good, but I was upset when the waitress disappeared with our credit card when we were paying the bill. I was shocked that she didn't bring the credit card machine to our table and let us pay there.

I won't be racing back to this particular location. Next time I have a craving for Olive Garden, I'll try the Newport Hwy location. I do recall this downtown location being very tasty, but that was a couple of years back. Maybe I just hit it on an off day, because there were many people lined up in the foyer waiting for tables as we left. Hopefully they didn't leave disappointed as well.