“Lukewarm lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

Was in downtown Spokane on a Sunday doing a little shopping by myself when I noticed the Olive Garden. Was about noon and thought I should eat so I went in.
I had forgotten it was Mothers Day and because of that they were serving off their dinner menu rather than their usual midday lunch menu.

Ordered spaghetti with meat sauce & meatballs which came with cream of chicken & gnocchi soup and their usual breadsticks. The service was friendly but ...

The soup was brought out with the breadsticks. Before I had even taken a bite of the soup the waitress was returning the the main. Unfortunately the soup, while very good, was only lukewarm to begin with. The spaghetti was pipping hot. The waitress apologized for the spaghetti coming out so soon. Literally after bringing the soup she was back at my table in less than a minute with the spaghetti. Said they must be slow in the kitchen because every order is up for service early that day! Despite it being Mothers Day the restaurant wasn't very full so the chefs probably didn't have a lot to do.

Anyway, I ate my lukewarm soup while my pipping hot spaghetti sat on the table cooling off. By the time I finished my soup the spaghetti had cooled off to only warm.

The flavors of the soup and the spaghetti were actually quite good. Unfortunately because of how the service was handled, orders up too soon, I had a lukewarm lunch off their dinner menu. Would have been nice to have had HOT soup FOLLOWED by the main course rather than lukewarm soup served WITH the main course.

Bottom line, food tasted cold but good, waitress friendly & nice, service sucked.

1  Thank Bolero49

Reviewed 4 May 2015

We just spent the weekend in Spokane for a conference which coincided with Bloomsday! This makes for a very busy downtown area. The food was typical for an Olive Garden with a great light menu selection. They are always upgrading their menu with new options and that is usually tasty. The bread sticks are to die for! What I found really great this night was the attention to detail the wait staff gave and how kind they were on an obviously busy and chaotic evening. Well done!!!

Reviewed 20 March 2015

I like everything about this restaurant. They give you vibrating notifiers to put in your pocket if you have to wait. The ambiance is great as is the menu. Also happy with the food, can't get better. It is a 6 minute walk from the restaurant to the INB theatre. Wish there were more of this restaurant in other cities.

1  Thank Nova52
Reviewed 3 January 2015

We took our family out for dinner after the drive from Nelson, BC. What a fantastic place to eat. Our kids thoroughly enjoyed their food and service.

1  Thank Johnny5Vernon_Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2014

We have loved going to Olive Garden for many years but have to admit that it is really not worth going to anymore. The food is not the same at all. It is like glorified franchise quick food made to look like it is supposed to be italian. The price for the lack of quality and presentation is clearly for their profit only and not to benefit the customer. One of the orders was 2/3 potatoes and a gooey sweet sauce and supposed to be marsala chicken. NOT acceptable at all. The eggplant parmesan is a joke and even the spaghetti with meat sauce was disappointing. the place felt unclean and the staff were very uncommitted to service.