“All around, wonderful! Great everything!”

The Onion Taphouse & Grill
Ranked #19 of 844 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2021

During the past year while visiting our son’s family in Spokane we found this great restaurant there.
We have eaten here 3 times this past September and three times this May (dining comfortably outside weather permitting). We have never been disappointed in the food, drink or service. It has always been top notch.
Another plus about “The Onion” is it’s location. It’s a bit out of the busiest part of downtown which makes very close by meter parking a breeze.
During all of our visits the host and the servers have all been just so amazing and leave you feeling all the better for choosing to eat there.
As great as all of the food has been, we just can’t ever have the Caesar Salad with Crab and Lobster too often enough!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (282)

Reviewed 1 November 2020

I was seated near the door and asked for $1 of quarters for the parking meter. Not a problem, my server said. Most people need those.
I ended up getting the Mega Platter, enough for 4, for my little ol' self, because my daughter was at the doctor's up the road and would be very hungry when she got done.
Every single thing was awesome! The best onion rings ever, the best chicken tenders ever, bacon filled tater tots, and the mozzarella sticks had been cut just for my order! Oh my goodness!
I wanted to go here since I saw the downtown location featured on our local PBS station that showcased Spokane and the surrounding areas, to see the bit of history that made the name. Absolutely must return, next time with family!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 15 October 2020 via mobile

Huge appetizer eaten as a meal for 2 proole. L 4 onion rings, moz sticks, cheese dip with pita, chicken strips, bacon and cheddar stuffed large tater tots

Nathan was our attentive server

I had a veggie Burger with large slices of avocado along with
Tasty fries with special sauce

We enjoyed our meal and the prices were reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

Friends in Florida told us discussed at this place. Research finally found it in an old former industrial area of Spokane. It was late afternoon afternoon when we stopped by and there were not many customers. Staff was hanging around the bar waiting for people to arrive. By 5:30 locals began to arrive in groups of 4 to 6. I'm sure they were ready to try a great assortment of craft beers. My Bison burger was best I have ever had! It tasted flame-grilled and was very large. The staff were very friendly and helpful to out of state guests.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank DjDan48
Reviewed 2 August 2020

I know that take-out does not quite have the same essence as dine in, with that said, I was not too impressed. The famous onion rings were just way too greasy for me and my salad was just okay.

Date of visit: July 2020