“Okay food, poor service”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #453 of 935 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Our server was not helpful when deciding what to eat and drink. We asked for recommendations and she couldn't give us any. I have a food allergy and specifically asked them to alter my meal, however my food came and not at all what I asked for. The server apologized and said she put my order in correctly. I was surprised when nothing was comped and all that was said was sorry.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

If I had low expectations, Chili's would have met them. The only plus was that as of the time of this writing, they have Happy Hour on Saturday, too, and it appears to be popular because the bar area was full.

My wife and I attempt to go to various Happy Hours on Saturdays, our only "free" day, not for cheap booze but to sample their foods before committing to full-blown, full-priced meals at a later date. Of course most Happy Hours only consist of a buck off domestic (drank those in college but never again) beers, plus a few discounted items from their appetizer menu. Some offer no food discount, so we avoid them.

This Chili's had a small selection (8-or-so) items listed as $3, $4, or $5. Mostly just junk foods like chips and salsa, fried dill pickle chips, etc. We ordered the pickles and my wife had the HALF Margareta Flatbread. I just couldn't find anything satisfying on that menu so ordered an old fashioned burger, with cheese ($10.49) and added a fried egg ($1 more). Although the menu says they start with a tempting half pound burger (only cooked medium well), this was by far the worst $12 burger (or even $6 burger) I could imagine. It came with a small side of "seasoned" fries (actually seemed to be baked), and a small cup with two slices of pickle and half a clove of garlic (garlic pickles).

The burger itself, after cooking to well done, was about average size but was to me, tasteless. It was served on a sort of pretzel bun, with lettuce, tomato, red onion, mustard, and my added cheddar cheese and fried egg. The lettuce was one thin leaf, wilted. I had to lift the top of the bun to see the other items, all of which were barely negligible. I didn't know that tomato and red onion sliced paper thin counted as food. The cheese (I found) was maybe half an ounce and the small egg was hammered, fried so long and hard that it was rubbery. The mustard? There WAS a yellow spot on the bottom of the bun. The fries were not greasy but were medium-size and not crispy.

My wife's flatbread was so-so, but small and as thin as maybe 5 sheets of paper.

Yes, we were in the bar, and yes, it was full, but we had to wait an incredibly long time for just the fried pickles and flatbread to come out (maybe 20 minutes after ordering), and another 20+ minutes after that for my over-priced and underwhelming burger. THEN, with dishes I piled high on the edge of the table for visibility, ANOTHER 20-or-so minutes for our server to reappear. I had my card lying on the table in front of me and she wanted to take that, too. I had to ask to see the bill, first. Didn't want any mistakes. It was brought, I paid, and we left.

At no time during this hour-long visit were we asked if we wanted another beverage.

Bye-bye, Chili's.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Our family ate here on two occasions while visiting Spokane in May and had excellent service for lunch and dinner, with large portions and fresh food.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

We went there last weekend for a late bite with the family as we like the Chillis in Calgary.
It wasn't very busy but the food was a little slow - not a big deal .
What was a big deal was the fact that the burger came out half raw and then the server tried to sell us that it was normal !
What an insult.
The manager did comp the meal but it didn't make up for the poor attitude and service
Lots of choices in a few blocks- I recommend Onion for a great burger

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I will first say that we have not eaten at Chili's for years due to previous disappointments. We decided to give them another chance. Disappointed again. I ordered one of their new Chicken Crisper Meals. It was ok. The chicken was moist but really had no flavor. Fries good. Corn awful, like a frozen ear that had been in a warmer for two days. My husband had an app combo. It included burger sliders, fried cheese curds, and southwest eggrolls. Sliders he said were ok, cheese curds were good, eggrolls....greasy! Husband thought eggroll flavor was good, I did not. To me tasted like something frozen reheated in the microwave. Forget about crisp, just soggy and greasy. Their avocado ranch dip/dressing is very good. Their blackberry ice tea is good. The restaurant itself needs to be updated. It looks and smells old and tired!! I dont think its been updated since opening, but I could be mistaken on that. There was a whole different funk near the rest rooms. Ladies room also old and tired. Stall door had at least 8 holes from where they moved the hinge to keep it hanging! Service....our waiter was nice and did his best. However, you could see he had too many tables for one person to cover spread out from bar to restaurant. It was not busy! We were there between lunch and dinner hours. This Chili's needs improvement!! If we ever decide we want to try them again it will not be at this location!

Been to Chili's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!