“Culinary travelogue of south Asia”

The Chatter Box Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 69 Restaurants in Stanwood
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Four years on Camano Island and always a pleasure to head into Stanwood for the diverse pan-Asian menu of The Chatter Box.

You make no concessions on quality whichever corner of south and east Asia you dip your chopsticks into. Familiar dishes like Pad Thai, spring rolls and seafood noodles are delectability on a plate. And numerous unfamiliar dishes from spots like Malaysia also provide a lovely blend of flavors and spices.

It's not really a big place, yet there are four or five distinct dining areas, so the place feels kind of cozy, although the surfaces tend to be hard.

The servers know the menu very well and are always mindful of your time or simply when your glass has bottomed out.

I was so glad that The Chatter Box made it in Stanwood. A restaurant with some fairly bold culinary ambitions is a real sink or swim proposition in this less-traveled region of the Puget Sound. Clearly things are going swimmingly for the restaurant as it must be close to eight years that it's been operating.

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. We both ordered the lunch combo. There are multiple choices at a good price. My husband chose the panang curry, pad thai, hot sour soup, and spring roll. He enjoyed every bite. I had the same except chose swimming rama as my main course. The pad thai and spring roll were delicious. However, the swimming rama arrived lukewarm and the chicken was undercooked. I should have asked for it to be reheated. The hot sour soup was bland with minced vegetables. The agreed its extremely friendly. Will need to go back and give it another try.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

They did a great job serving our 6 people group, including 3 children. They were very accommodating for our two handicapped people in the group.
They had children's menus and coloring pages to address the needs of children.
We had a variety of dishes, both chicken and sea food. All was good and well prepared.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

I read all the reviews so had to try it. Well Im not impressed lets put it that way. It was just So So.. I ordered the Cashew Chicken. It should be called Chicken Cashews, as I had only 6 very small pieces of actual chicken in the dish but a whole hand full of cashews..go figure, The taste was very subtle and not very memorable, the rice was nice and the vegetables were fresh and with good taste.
My wife had the Beef Broccoli, She said it tasted good with no explanation beyont that...that means it was OK.

I might return some day yo give them another chance on a different dish but I would never order the Cashew Chicken ever again. That's not something I will forget and not something an honest critique of their food should overlook.

The plus side is we ate two meals and bought 1 beer for 21.00 That;s hard to beat and worth the risk trying again someday...I just would not drive out of my way to eat there.

1  Thank Scott H
Reviewed 28 October 2015

What an amazing place to visit. Staff is so friendly upon arrival and the food is absolutely incredible. We have visited many Fusion restaurants and this is by far the best ever. Can't say enough about the food. Yummy!!! We've been there 3 times in 6 months.