“Meh”

Skamania Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Stevenson
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 December 2017

I felt this property has stunning views, great restaurants, and a marvelous lobby area...but the rooms were very average with wear and tear apparent. Definitely request a room with views of the Gorge, otherwise you'll be stuck staring at the zipline tour. Did not get to visit the spa, and would have liked to. Not sure I'll be back, as I didn't feel the money was worth what you got in return. I'd like to see staff take lessons from some other properties (namely The Allison in Newberg OR)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank TrixieBTraveler
Ken D, General Manager at Skamania Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Trixie B Traveler,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our stunning views, great restaurants and marvelous lobby area. I want to point out that we have many different room types to choose from including our Windows on the Gorge rooms with stunning views of the gorge and our new Tree houses. With 258 rooms to choose from, I'm certain that we can find a room that you will be very happy with.

I encourage you to come back and enjoy the Spa and perhaps our new Aerial Park.

Ken

Write a ReviewReviews (2,564)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Decided to go here for a girls weekend and the room for 4 was quite expensive so we expected a pretty nice room. I stay at a lot of nice places so I expect when I pay top $ I get a top tier room that is not true here. Room was just an average room and it did not have a table or any area where we could hang out so all of our "hang out" and game time was down in the public areas. Nice view and location but do not expect a stellar room.

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank AIsunandfun

Dear AIsunandfun,

Thank you for the review. Please know that we have many different room types and many suites that would have been the perfect size for your girls weekend. We also have tree houses which would have created a very special setting for your weekend. Let us know what is important when you book your reservation and know that you will always get the best rate when you book direct with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Conference rate helped with the cost of lodging. There were 300-400 consulting arborists at the conference. The meeting rooms were good size and the video/ sound people were excellent. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear David H,

It was certainly a pleasure to have you and the Consulting Arborists with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your meeting rooms, the AV team, and our service team. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Wonderful food here. The facilities like the outdoor hot tub, as well as the salt water pool was refreshing. They have some really nice spa products like bamboo eye cream (said to be a natural botox). The food hit the spot. I recommend the T-bone steak, grown locally and any of the seafood items. The chinook salmon soup was especially creamy and flavourful. The prices are cheap, but the quality is there, and the lodge is a distance from Portland. Afterall, that's why we go to a place like this - to get away from things.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear John M,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We really enjoyed having you and the Arborist group with us. I'm so happy that you were able to enjoy the pool and hot tub as well as some of our spa products. That T-bone steak is a good one so thanks for pointing it out. We always have the salmon chowder as well so it will be waiting for you on your next visit. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Over priced experience; Made my reservation for my wife and I which went ok after a long wait on the phone. A few weeks later I had to change my reservation to a pet friendly room. When I checked in they did not have my reservation with a pet friendly room. I have stayed in a pet friendly room in the past and my pet was treated much better then but this time there was no recognition that my pet was even there. If you do like to have a drink, I would highly recommend bring your own because the drink I have cost me $20 w/ tip. The food was a bit over priced for what you experienced.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Derekt575,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and I'm pleased that we were able to get your pet room booked. It sounds like we missed the pet rooms. We will check in to this to see what might have happened. In regards to the cost of your drink, it really depends on what you purchase. We certainly have a large and very nice selection of drinks that are below $20.00.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Ken

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenson
27.7 km away
30.9 km away
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Skamania Lodge? Share your experiences!