“Very enjoyable”

Pho Dragon
Ranked #236 of 764 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This is a little mom and pop place with great food. I always just get the pho and egg rolls. The beef pho is fantastic, great flavor, lots of meat and noodles. The egg rolls are light and crispy and you can tell the oil is fresh. I highly recommend this place if you can get over the decor being a little rough.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I love Vietnamese food and this place makes an awesome Pho. I will be returning again and again. Service is a little bit slow but this is a small business and it is understandable

Reviewed 18 May 2016

I'm not a big fan of Pho. In general, I find it to be bland and ordinary and little better than a bowl of egg drop soup that's had a ton of stuff dumped in. I know how the broth is made and it's immediately obvious if that hallmark richness and complexity is not there. If somebody uses a packaged broth - because it's a LOT of trouble to make this properly - it tells you that with ONE sip.

Pho Dragon is just absolutely sublime. I've now seen their process for making their decadent broth and it's exactly as the Pho gods intended. The broth is rich and multi-layered and spicy and mouth-watering and does just what Pho is supposed to do with a bowl full of veggies and meats: softens and hydrates and infuses it all with real flavor. We've now been back three times and had six different types of what they make. It's all been the best Pho I have ever tasted. The people are happy and friendly and the prices are among the best food bargains available anywhere in the greater Seattle area. NINE BUCKS for a large bowl that most people won't even finish in one sitting. I removed all the noodles and veggies from mine after dinner, refrigerated those and the broth separately, and reheated it all for lunch the next day. STILL wonderful!

For what we paid for two orders of this stuff, we coudn't even eat at one of the city's local-fave brger joints and, if we did, it wouldn't be anywhere close to this interesting, aromatic, and flavorful. Pho Dragon is two and a half miles from our house and it's such a blessing for a picky ex-chef who's rarely pleased with anthing made in a restaurant. We plan to go back regularly and explore the whole menu.

Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

My favorite vietnamese restaurant in tacoma. I love this place! The food was excellent, great customer service, fast and quality food, and very good on pricing. The best pho in tacoma too. Five Star⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

2  Thank Twistaroou1
Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Returning from a trip one Sunday, we had cravings for some hot pho. Our usual spots were closed, so we decided to take a drive up 38th St. Thank you baby Jesus! Pho Dragon lured us in with its cozy atmosphere. They put a spell on us. This is some seriously good comfort food. We've been back several times within two weeks, plus introduced friends. I've tried a different dish each time & loved every single one. The portions & price are just right. Highly recommend duck salad soup or the pork chop with fried egg & shrimp. The staff is super friendly & the lady chef owner always comes out to thank us for visiting & asks how we like the food. Yum! I have a sensitivity to MSG & thank fully they do not use it. The broth isn't super salty like other pho restaurants & their ice coffee taste like no other. Feeling blessed to have this little place in our town. Highly recommended.

Been to Pho Dragon? Share your experiences!