“Excellent food and service....plus an unexpected $30 "service charge."”
Review of Primo Grill

Primo Grill
Ranked #28 of 861 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2017

The meal and the service were outstanding. In fact, I would give both a 5. But when the bill came, there was an 18% "Service Charge" added on which is apparently for paying their staff a "living" wage and providing health benefits. This charge is in lieu of providing a tip, so basically I get to pay for their health benefits and add a tip without having a choice. Too bad because I would routinely tip 20-25% for such a nice meal, so you guys just cost your employees a larger tip. If you want to pay your employees more and provide benefits, just charge more and let me decide if I want to tip them. Bottom line is that I spent over $200 dollars for two pizzas, two pasta dishes, two desserts and a bottle of wine. I can pay that at a waterfront restaurant and get the same quality and a better view. Thanks for the nice meal but I don't want any part of your liberal utopia, so I will go somewhere else next time.

2  Thank Clay G

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I was visiting my son who is a student at UPS and offered to take him and his teammates out to dinner. One is from Tacoma and suggested Primo Grill. There were 7 of us at 8:30 on a Thursday. We got right in and had a great meal! We had the olives and brussel sprouts and caprese for apps, they were yummy. I think we had most of the entrees between the 7 of us. I had the pumpkin sage ravioli and it was perfect...not too sweet and perfectly cooked. My son said the chicken under a brick was amazing, he loved it. We also had several of the desserts and all were gobbled up by these hungry boys. They do an 18% service charge and this is the tip and benefits (if I read it correctly). The only bummer was there is not a line to add more of a tip. The receipt just has the total amount with the service charge included in it. We will be back.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

PG is a great farm to table restaurant. The food is excellent and the service is friendly and responsive. Highly recommended. The private dining room is a good place for family and business dinners.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Honestly, I usually eat better at home (my husband used to be a professional chef) than when we go out. I'm just used to restaurant food never being as flavorful or fresh. So we both were surprised when the Caesar salads and pizzas we ordered were really very good: flavors that popped, fresh crispness, and variety of palette pleasing textures. Would absolutely come here again!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

My wife and I were planning to eat at a restaurant down the street. We were put on their waiting list and went for a stroll and noticed the Primo Grill. We loved the energy from looking through the windows and went in to see if they had a table. We were able to get seated right away with a table facing the bar. The mural on the wall above the bar is beautiful and the whole layout is so uplifting. You can tell they have pride in being a farm to table restaurant.

Everyone we interacted with was pleasant and happy to serve. Our server Marie? Maria? was just wonderful. Attentive, excited about the food she was serving and fun!

Our food was delicious and so lovingly prepared/presented. Our favorite was the caprese with heirloom tomatoes OMG so delicious!!!!

Apparently I knew of this restaurant from their old location where the Pancake house is now located ... they have changed so much I didn't' recognize that it was the same restaurant.

We will definitely be going back! Thanks for a great date night!

Been to Primo Grill? Share your experiences!