“Amazing Vietnamese Food!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 31 October 2014

This has been my hubby and my favorite lunch spot for years in Tacoma. The service is always very fast and friendly.

No, it's not the fanciest place you've ever been, but if you get passed that you will be so happy that you did. You're going there for a superb meal, not over the top atmosphere.

I have literally loved every meal I've ever eaten here, and have several favorites so it's usually hard to decide each time I go back. The chicken pho is the best I've ever had, and the salad rolls are tasty and fresh. I also adore the #19; the noodle bowl with fresh veggies, noodles and their amazing stir fried chicken: OMG. Today I found a new favorite; #35, a stir fry with chicken, beef, shrimp and lots of veggies with a sauce that was so perfectly delicious I just wanted to suck every last drop up with a straw. Just. Yum.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

Yes this place is not always the most appealing but the food is absolutely amazing and my family and i have been coming here for over 10 years always get the #38 and some pho and some spring rolls and just love it and the people who work there

Reviewed 17 March 2014

All of the great reviews must be from the owners and their friends. This is the most unsanitary restaurant I have ever stepped foot in. I ordered the fresh spring roll and lemongrass chicken. The spring roll came with a hair on it and old shrimp and as soon as the rude old man set my plate down a baby beetle made its way out of the lettuce on the plate with my chicken. The floors and tables were dirty and it looked like they hadn't swept in months. How has the health department not shut this place down? Do not eat here.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I just wanted to say...I live in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and I STILL crave Vien Dong sometimes! It's authentic food with great variety and flavor, and it's inexpensive!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

First thing you notice when you walk in...the smell of cat pee/litter box. No idea what the food tasted like b/c the smell was so off putting. Could not imagine sitting here/eating a whole meal...