“Nice option”
Review of Stones Gastropub

Stones Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
Stones Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 140 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Reviewed 15 June 2016

If you like Tastebuds or McGlinn's give Stone's a try. Stumptown coffee (YUM) and a fanstastic wine-list, paired with terrific appetizers. Parking is usually better down town in the evening, so it's a great light dinner spot. Would make a nice date-night change of place. I think they have events there too, but I haven't gone. Get on their mailing list.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Pork Belly, duck, seared scallops, roasted garlic flatbread, lamb burger. You can not go wrong at this gem right on Wenatchee Ave. Great local and regional wines as well as draft beers. A must when you are in town. Great service also and a great value for the price paid.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

A relative raved about this new restaurant so we gave it a go. The server was sloppily dressed and right out of the gate told me the wine I wanted to order was not available. In fact, she said, many of the wines were not available because they were narrowing down their wine list. Then we placed our order and told her we were in a bit of a hurry because we wanted to see a movie. My five-year-old grandson, daughter and I were there on a slow late afternoon/evening and there were only about three other tables. We asked for the flatbread appetizer to come out first. We waited about 40 minutes before our first item arrived, and lo and behold, it was my grandson's entree. Because this first stage had taken so long, we ordered the dessert to come out quickly after the entrees because we reminded her we needed to get to the theater. Other people who had come in long after us got their food before us. The server came by well into our waiting period and said "I don't think the kitchen entirely understood the order." Nothing else. The flatbread arrived about 10 minutes later along with the chicken entree my daughter and I were going to share. The dessert arrived at the same time. The flatbread was delicious, the grandson's mac and cheese was lukewarm but passable. The chicken entree was odd - it was supposed to come with a rosemary mustard reduction but what was served was a broth with some potatoes floating in it and a section of chicken on top. Kind of a chicken jacuzzi effect. The server commented "Wow, lots of sauce!" It wasn't a sauce at all and was very unappetizing looking, but that being said, the chicken was tasty. Because it took us a while to eat our entree, the fried beignets got cold before we could eat them. Then it took a long time to get our check, and when we had finally flagged our server down and she brought it, we put our credit card in it and slid it off the edge but she didn't come back. Then I moved it to the other side of the table but she still didn't come back. So I flagged her down again. Needless to say, we were late to our movie. Because there was no ownership of the mistakes made, no attempt to get us out of there in time for our movie, a general lack of professionalism and an overall unpleasant experience, we probably won't be back. This kind of place might appeal to the hipster community because of its worn and homespun (shoddy) appearance and attempt at edgy cuisine, but it didn't meet our expectations. Just to be fair, I ran this review by my daughter before submitting it and she agreed with my assessment. We care about this industry and hope that Stones can fix the problems and be successful. Wenatchee loves good food!

Reviewed 23 May 2016

We stopped at Stones for a drink during our first visit to Wenatchee. The staff was incredibly welcoming. We sat outside, and Andre (?) was glad to bring our drinks out. I don't remember whether it was us who asked a question, or him who asked where we were from, but we got a great orientation to Wenatchee from him. I'll go back next time, for sure.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

My husband and I went to Stones Gastropub the other day for lunch. We were in the mood for a small celebration and despite this Pub being in our home town, we had never been.

I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich. It had a blueberry bbq sauce which really intrigued me. I was not disappointed. The homemade slaw had a great balance, especially once I got over my fear of the preserved lemon peel. The saltiness of the peel really added an accent to the dish that surprised me. It was served on a fry bread bun, which honestly, while delicious, made this meal a fork and knife sandwich.

The Beloved Husband had the Bucher's Cut sandwich, good flavor, a smidge underseasoned, which was resolved by a bit of salt.

The star of the meal however was the Dirty Fries. Hand cut, perfectly fried sprinkled with cheese chunks and smothered in bechamel sauce studded with bits of duck. Truly a feast for the senses. The fries and a great microbrew would be a perfect Happy Hour meal.

Dessert was an espresso creme brulee for hubby and fresh bengiets for me. Tasty all around, and the bengiets were honestly enough for two.

The iced tea was house brewed and bottomless. I'd like to go back when I'm free for the evening and explore their selection of beers, which was quite extensive and interesting looking.

For a special occasion it was worth it. I will likely return.

Been to Stones Gastropub? Share your experiences!