“Comfort Food in a Casual Atmosphere”
Review of Gobble - CLOSED

Gobble
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is a casual place with sunny yellow walls and a country vibe. They serve turkey and all the trimmings (ala Thanksgiving). Nothing fancy here, just some basic turkey and gravy dishes in a lot of different combinations. I had a hot turkey sandwich that was good. It's the kind of place you go to get the stick-to-your-ribs lunches and dinners. They have take-out and sit-down service. Desserts and some bakery items available.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

If you like turkey this is the place, turkey any way you would like. The turkey leg was very good, and they have a great selections of sides to make your dinner like you would get at home.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This summer I discovered Gobble in Woodinville. Loving Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings, I gave it a try. The turkey dinner was delicious with moist meat and flavorful sides. I thought the prices were reasonable, too. Service was friendly and fast. I'll be back!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

As the name implies, this is a turkey restaurant. The turkey is made fresh and is the carved type--no nasty deli turkey here.

I had a serving of turkey (dark meat) and gravy with two sides: creamed spinach and roasted Brussels sprouts. The turkey was moist and the gravy was good—not too salty.

The creamed spinach was good, but it was the roasted brussel sprouts that were fantastic. They were crispy and flavorful and there was none of that bitter taste that you sometimes get with brussel sprouts.

My hubby had the turkey dinner platter with mashed potatoes, stuffing, and a side of mac and cheese.

I tasted the mac and cheese and it was cheesy and tangy. Good. He said the stuffing and mashed potatoes were good too.

The servings don’t feel generous, but that may be because I’m used to eating a lot more than usual at Thanksgiving dinner.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I revisited Gobble after church on Sunday and was quite disappointed with their recent changes. Gone is the folksy, homey atmosphere and in are the service tickets and tip jar.
The long tables with benches in the beginning that reminded me of Grandma's were replaced with tables and chairs some time ago, which at the time I took in stride because granted they may have been difficult or uncomfortable for some. Now they have done away with getting your own meal at the counter and taking it to your table then bussing your own table. And the sign that stated no tips has been replaced with a tip jar that was picked up and moved to a different spot in front of me to have attention drawn to it. I was disappointed with their changes. Before when I went in I could see Nancy who has a comforting presence and always has a genuinely happy-to-see-you welcome for everyone. She chats while making up a plate, which I would then take to my table and clean up after myself after enjoying homestyle cooking. Nancy, the food and the feeling of "pitching in" were all part of the experience of feeling like Thanksgiving at Mom's or Grandma's. Now that is gone in what I think is their latest way to raise prices again. It doesn't feel like going home anymore. It's just another business.