“Second visit better even better than the first!”
Review of Pasquale's

Pasquale's
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Beckley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We occasionally rendezvous with family in Beckley, as it is the halfway point between our homes. On an earlier visit we had a positive experience here, and recently decided to return. A true test of a good experience is whether it can be consistently repeated...and in this case our experience was even better!

There were seven of us, so we made a reservation...very important for a Saturday night. We were seated promptly and our server, Moriah, took our drink orders. She returned quickly with the drinks and took our food orders. There is quite a good selection of traditional Italian food on the menu, and I suspect it's all delicious. A basket of sliced house bread with a seasoned topping arrived and was replenished once.

As is our norm, my wife and I shared an entree (Jumbo Shells Florentine), which comes with a side salad. Others ordered the baked ziti, spaghetti or the large antipasti from the appetizer menu. Salads were brought around and Moriah brought an extra salad bowl so my wife and I could easily share the salad.

Soon our entrees arrived. Usually we are provided an extra plate when sharing an entree and we split it at the table, but at Pasquale's, they have it figured out: our entree was split in the kitchen and each half-portion was baked in its own dish. This was all handled as if it is a normal procedure, and maybe it is, but we were amazed and pleased to see it served this way. Kudos to the staff! The half-portion size was plenty for each one of us, and we could actually have split that. Portions for everyone were large and leftovers were boxed, even though we were traveling, as the hotel was equipped with refrigerators and our family members had brought a cooler. (My wife and I each ate all of our half-portion!)

Moriah kept glasses filled and provided service that was attentive without being intrusive. The food was delicious and the service was very good. I'm sure that we will return again to have another memorable experience!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This was the first time we have traveled with our Italian (Spinone). As we always try to avoid chain restaurants, I googled pet friendly.com and found this gem! Staff was welcoming and outdoor seating was perfect for Lorenzo. Add to that "best meatball sandwich ever" my husband had and I loved the bread so much I bought a loaf to take home. (And.... it was a plus the house Chianti is outstanding!)

1  Thank Patricia K
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

After many years it wasnice to return here.. The owner is always around welcoming everyone and walks around making sure all is well. The restaurant is vey clean and offers a wide selection. Though a second waitress had called off, Kristin delivered perfect service to us and made sure my husband's birthday lunch was one to remember. Since Chef Michelle left the food is a bit more bland without a bit of a kick but it was explained to us that many customers prefer it that way. Some Italian restaurants over sauce their dishes here the opposite may be true. The current chef goes heavier on the cheese, a minor complaint. Thank you Kristin for great service,

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We just came from a nice evening at Pasquale's where we had the Pasta al Pesto with grilled veggies, and eggplant parmesan. I think the parmesan was exceptional. The fried ravioli appetizer was well worth trying.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This place has authentic Italian food and it is delicious. Even better is a quaint outer patio tucked back away from traffic. A great spot to enjoy dinner on a warm summer evening. Service was tops. Highly recommend this spot.