“The sushi is good!”

Fujiyama Japanese Steak House
Ranked #6 of 113 Restaurants in Beckley
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

We stopped in Beckley for a night on our way to another city. I never expect to find good sushi options outside a larger metropolitan area, especially when I don't know the local spots.

There was, however, a Japanese restaurant across from our hotel that had decent reviews, so I ordered and was pleasantly surprised.

I got two rolls and a salad. While the salad was nothing more than some lettuce (with a huge piece of core in it), the rolls were tasty. The quality was good, they were fresh and there was a good variety from which to choose.

I ordered takeout so I can't speak for the done in experience.

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Not the best quality sashimi order to go. Receiving imitation crab meat as part of a sashimi dinner that costs $22 is disturbing. Additionally, to put steamed rice in the to go order was questionable. Certainly not worth $33 for a lunch of 1 person. Hopefully the dine-in Hibachi is a much better quality experience.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

This place is classic teppanyaki. Food is good, service is good, entertaining dinner. Greats for familys or groups of friends. We are from California were teppanyaki is a little more expensive than it is here. Nice to enjoy a great meal and feel like we got a bargain

Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

Good quality sushi, decent service which was a little inattentive. Very nice sushi for wv. Would go again.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

If you love garlic this is your place. They put garlic in everything from the soup to the fried rice. They also did not have hot mustard sauce for the steak. Our cook was wonderful! The food is not like what I usually expect from a Japanese Restaurant. Very pricey, will not visit again.