See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 November 2015

Good location. Nice reconstructed building. Combination restaurant, bar & inn. We visited the restaurant. Waitress was a pain in the butt! I had an 18 oz steak with baked potato. Spouse had bam-bam shrimp, homemade fries & a fish taco. The only things that were good were the baked potato & the bam-bam shrimp. Steak was tough & full of gristle. The baked potato was your typical restaurant fare, baked in an oven & then, nuked, before serving. Will not return.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2015

We have done day trips to Berkeley Springs, but this was our first over night stay. It will not be our last. The hosts, Lisa and Gary, went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. The room was great. We stayed in the Champagne Room. It was on the third floor and had plenty of privacy. It was impeccably clean.
There is a restaurant on site. We ate dinner there the first night and my husband and I both enjoyed our meals immensely. In the morning, the breakfast was also fabulous and included with the cost of the room. We wanted to eat in our room to watch and early morning football game and Gary was soooo obliging. Not to mention, our breakfast was so much food, we couldn't eat it all. All the ingredients were fresh and delicious.
Finally, I would like to add what a cute little city Berkeley Springs is. There are shops and restaurants. Everyone in the town was friendly. The park is very nice. We went to an Oktoberfest that was rather small, but very fun. We tried to go to the roman baths, but they didn't have any open spots. I would recommend calling ahead if you are going on a weekend.
The weekend we went it was my birthday on that Sunday and this weekend getaway helped to make it one of my best birthdays ever.

Room Tip: Lots of privacy in Champagne Suite
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Had dinner at the Ambrae House deck bar. Nice mix of locals and tourists. Great food, excellent and very friendly service and we heard some nice music. On a previous visit with friends visiting from England, we had dinner there two nights in a row because our friends liked the steaks so much.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Coming from DC to spend a lovely weekend away, we knew we were in the right place upon reception.

Looking for peace, relaxation and a moment off the beaten path, we found Ambrae and loved it.

The proprietor went out of his way to ensure we had all we needed, including a bottle of wine. From there breakfast was both tasty and filling and the local flavor perfect.

Headed back there when the body aches for those healing waters, I know exactly where to be to feel refreshed all over again.

Enjoy the food, ambience and simplicity of this fabulous little place.

Cheers

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2015

This was our third visit to Ambrae House B&B in Berkeley Springs. Each time we have stayed in a different room and we loved them all. We stayed in the Champagne room this visit which is on the third floor of the Inn. I think I like it the best because it is larger. Our Innkeepers, Lisa and Gary are so welcoming and we feel like family when we stay. The Inn is on the main street of Berkeley Springs and it is walking distance to the many shops and restaurants. But remember the Ambrae House is a restaurant with great service and good food and drinks. This is a must stay when visiting the town!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple