“Amazing Cheesesteak”

Tony's Butcher Block
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I stopped in here for lunch while passing through. I sure am thankful I did. I ordered the small cheesesteak with grilled mushrooms, provolone cheese, and mayo. It was AMAZING!!! If you are ever passing through Berkeley Springs, be sure to stop here for a sandwich.

1  Thank Christopher S

Reviewed 14 December 2016

Tony's is great for sandwiches, pizza an fresh butchered meat. It is more like an old-fashioned butcher shop than a full service sandwich place. Although they have a great selection of cold cuts and basic sandwich meat, they do not have fresh mozzerella to slice or sweet red peppers. Tony is great and very accomodating but his female relatives who help out in the shop are less than pleasant and if you ask for any diversion from the menu be prepared to loud voices and unpleasant looks from the women. Tony would do well to keep his butchering staff but hire a couple of pleasand folks to work at the counter rather than have momma come in to *help*.

1  Thank Marguerite C
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

A good friend recently purchased a home in the beautiful rolling mountains of West Virginia. During my weekend out I decided to roam through town and check out the scenery. On the outskirts of town towards cacapon state park I saw a sign for "brick oven pizza" being a pizza chef and true foodie, I couldn't pass it up. From the moment we walked through the door we were instantly amazed! I never thought in such an unassuming place I'd find an Italian market style deli. The meat case is beautiful, really nice cuts, pretty decent prices. A selection of seafood, deli meats, salads, soups, smoked whole hams, breads, wine I mean what else could one ask for? Upon walking up to the counter (take a number) I was told the pizza under the heat lamp was free to sample! As I looked at the menu pondering over what I wanted now, after finding out I could try the pizza for free, I decided to order a cheese steak sub. My mom and younger brother both got a cup of the broccoli cheddar soup, it was delicious! After what seemed like a very short wait, I received my sub and we were on our way. When we were headed down the road I noticed that I had the wrong order. I was a little disappointed to see that my beef cheese steak was accidentally a chicken cheese steak but it smelled amazing and was real chopped chicken. I got over the initial disappointment and was happy to try the chicken instead, after all, they're not going anywhere and I'll be back in town soon I'm sure. My chicken cheese steak was DELICIOUS! seasoned very well, not chopped too fine, absolutely up there with one of the best. We were all incredibly satisfied with our food, and are definitely looking forward to visiting Tony's again in the future. The staff are friendly, fast and efficient. Spend some money at Tony's butcher block, you be glad you did.

1  Thank Gordon W
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Picked up sandwiches for our onward journey out of West Virginia. Couldn't believe the choice. We all had something different. When we got around to eating them they were awesome. My cousin had recommended this place to us as they eat here regularly and know Tony. We would recommend this ourselves.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

My husband & I have been frequenting Tony's since moving here 5 yrs ago. It is excellent. We order a pizza almost every Friday evening. I believe I was in the store when ms443 was there and remember the staff apologizing for a malfunction with the oven. He was offered complimentary foods for his inconvenience. I hope that he will reconsider as he is missing out on a fantastic experience.