“You Want Local? I'll Show You Local”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Just stopped in for a coffee and before I knew it, I had sat down having a fresh cooked breakfast brought over. This isn't restaurant food, but good home cooking. Everyone is real nice and helpful with great prices and excellent value. I don't know everyones names, but everyone was greeted with a smile. Great beer chiller and selection of craft and "regular beers" inside the general store next to the restaurant. Forget the big brand gas station across the road. Support loval families and businesses in Berkeley Springs.

1  Thank sammythefish

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We've been here several times because of their great location near where we stay off route 9.. The prices are reasonable but on par with the area. They have their own parking with enough space for guests.

The French toast isn't fantastic but the eggs and sausage gravy have been successful for us. My father-in-law loves their pancakes because they are light and thin but I've never had them myself (I prefer a thick, fluffy pancake myself; just as well, no one could top my mom's.)

I do feel slightly out of place here by not being a local, I swear our food and service always takes just a little longer because they don't know us. It's convenient to come here and to park but there also aren't a ton of other good breakfast options nearby, so we keep coming back.

2  Thank svsp
Reviewed 31 May 2016

I got French toast with a sausage patty and a side of grits. The French Toast was just made on "wonder" type bread which was soggy and it was served with margarine, not butter. They gave you a bottle of generic Maple flavored syrup with it. The sausage patty was large but very dry. My husband got biscuits with chipped beef and gravy. The portion was very large, but it was also quite bland. The biscuits didn't taste homemade and the gravy was very thick and gelatinous. It was very inexpensive, but I was expecting a lot more because of the good reviews they had gotten. The people were very nice though.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Food is good for a gas station - seating area is crowded and somewhat worn out. Mostly self serve except for hot food - makes paying for kinda difficult

Reviewed 28 March 2016

The best coffee in town!! If you are anywhere near Berkeley Springs, Check out Betty Lou's!! Great food, hand made desserts and the best comfort feel from home!! The prices are reasonable! They serve breakfast and lunch, only! So make sure you get there in time to enjoy a great meal!!