“Homey and cozy.”

Maria's Garden & Inn
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Just spent our 10th annual family reunion weekend in town and our 10th consecutive stay at Maria's. Still just a wonderful place with a warm, serene atmosphere. First of all, they still have actual room keys, with the little plastic thing on the keychain, like in Grand Hotel or something. They offer nice, comfortable rooms (we stay in the Gabriel room), and even a couple of rooms with just a bedroom, with a bathroom in the hall, for the more adventurous travelers. The decor is strictly Catholic, which may turn some folks off, but as Italians, we're used to it, seems just like Grandmom's home. Also, every room comes with a complimentary breakfast which makes for a leisurely start to the day. The owner, Peg Perry, is a local treasure, and her son now runs the day to day operations. I wholeheartedly recommend Maria's to anyone going to or through Berkeley Springs.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We ate at this little inn/restaurant for lunch during a day trip to Berkley Springs. I really loved the atmosphere above everything else. The place is definitely old-fashioned but in a good way. The service was super friendly and the food was pretty good. The prices were also very fair. We got a lot of food for our money. The menu is mainly Italian-based.
We were able to eat outside as it was a beautiful day. The patio was quaint and comfortable. I enjoyed all of the little statues outside. I have to say, I'll definitely be back the next time I visit Berkley Springs.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We dined on a Sunday afternoon. We were acknowledged when we arrived and seated ourselves, as the sign instructed. We waited about ten min before the waitress realized we were there.

We put an order in for three very simple sandwiches (e.g., tuna with cheese, lettuce and tomato). Twenty minutes later, the food arrived. (This seems like a reasonable amount of time for fancy dishes or gourmet restaurants, but not for this place.) The cook forgot the cheese on my tuna sandwich. No ketchup was brought with the fries. After finding an employee to ask for ketchup and mayo, a few min later only ketchup arrived.

The food was fine. It was affordable. The decoration was very Catholic.

Apparently they are re-branding the restaurant and it's under new management, so maybe it'll get better soon. The waitress said everyone is new.

1  Thank DodgeWandering
Reviewed 10 May 2017

My husband and I were drawn to the decor as it truly lends itself to serenity. My hubby ordered the clam chowder and Little Italy with meat; I had Little Italy Vegetarian. Delicious. The server was pleasant and professional. We didn't feel rushed; so, we took our time finishing the iced tea.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We have been going to Maria's for many years and have always enjoyed the food and the accommodating staff. The menu is very diversified in it's offerings. The pasta dishes are a house specialty. Our recent visit we enjoyed an Early dinner after some lengthily shopping in Berkeley Springs. Our meal was filling and very tasty. This quaint restaurant offers dining in or to go, and will accept reservations. If you are from out of town and are staying a few days they can accommodate at their Inn. We highly recommend Maria's Garden and Inn.