“Good Italian Food”

Maria's Garden & Inn
Reviewed 16 August 2017

The Italian food at this restaurant was very good . The service was good. It must be a quiet time e in Berkeley Springs, since the restaurant was empty.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

First, I should say upfront, that I have a collection of religious items and have an open mind when it comes to religious experiences....that said, I liked the quirky decor at Maria's....which as others have noted, is full of religious statutes etc. The paper placemats are interesting as well,.....giving you the option of several religious meal prayers....the restaurant was clean and interesting to walk through to see the varied collection. Staff were friendly. We ate light, but I would say the food is typical for a local, small, lunch type restaurant. Not sure about dinner. A friend had warned us about the owner who could be chatty if encountered. We ended up meeting Maria as we were about to leave....being forever curious, I decided to chat for a few minutes. Maria has a very interesting story about her near death experience and the effect it had on her life. The restaurant is part of that story. I encouraged her to write a book about her experiences which she should really consider. Unfortunately, it's much too involved of a story to try and condense to a quick chat. So if your time is limited or you have a busy schedule, best just to enjoy the ambience of her little restaurant and wait for her book.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Just spent our 10th annual family reunion weekend in town and our 10th consecutive stay at Maria's. Still just a wonderful place with a warm, serene atmosphere. First of all, they still have actual room keys, with the little plastic thing on the keychain, like in Grand Hotel or something. They offer nice, comfortable rooms (we stay in the Gabriel room), and even a couple of rooms with just a bedroom, with a bathroom in the hall, for the more adventurous travelers. The decor is strictly Catholic, which may turn some folks off, but as Italians, we're used to it, seems just like Grandmom's home. Also, every room comes with a complimentary breakfast which makes for a leisurely start to the day. The owner, Peg Perry, is a local treasure, and her son now runs the day to day operations. I wholeheartedly recommend Maria's to anyone going to or through Berkeley Springs.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We ate at this little inn/restaurant for lunch during a day trip to Berkley Springs. I really loved the atmosphere above everything else. The place is definitely old-fashioned but in a good way. The service was super friendly and the food was pretty good. The prices were also very fair. We got a lot of food for our money. The menu is mainly Italian-based.
We were able to eat outside as it was a beautiful day. The patio was quaint and comfortable. I enjoyed all of the little statues outside. I have to say, I'll definitely be back the next time I visit Berkley Springs.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We dined on a Sunday afternoon. We were acknowledged when we arrived and seated ourselves, as the sign instructed. We waited about ten min before the waitress realized we were there.

We put an order in for three very simple sandwiches (e.g., tuna with cheese, lettuce and tomato). Twenty minutes later, the food arrived. (This seems like a reasonable amount of time for fancy dishes or gourmet restaurants, but not for this place.) The cook forgot the cheese on my tuna sandwich. No ketchup was brought with the fries. After finding an employee to ask for ketchup and mayo, a few min later only ketchup arrived.

The food was fine. It was affordable. The decoration was very Catholic.

Apparently they are re-branding the restaurant and it's under new management, so maybe it'll get better soon. The waitress said everyone is new.

1  Thank DodgeWandering