“Great Church with History”

More attraction details
Owner description: The cemetery is the burial site for nearly 80 members of George Washington's family.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This church is rich in history and great people. Whether in town for a short time or a lifetime this a welcoming and open church. Our daughter was baptized there and they also have a child care room for small children.

1  Thank Brian T
in 2 reviews
"history"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 11 November 2017

ZION EPISCOPAL CHURCH CEMETARY IS A GREAT PLACE to learn about some of our country;s history. There are several members of George Washington and his brother Chrales in the cementery. The reading of the monuments was educating !

Reviewed 14 September 2017

A number of George Washington's family members are buried here. The cemetery is well taken care of which is so good to see.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I can't say enough about how much I benefit from periodically visiting Charles Town & digging deeper and deeper into what was going on during the middle 19th Century. I love visiting on a summer weekday, when I am nearly always alone with my deep thoughts, and am able to truly concentrate and focus completely on a multitude of countless extraordinarily deep concepts that are so very critical in the spiritual growth of a committed Christian such as myself.

1  Thank Mark C
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I went on my own, no guide or brochure. The cemetery located in central Charles Town, WV was empty the day I visited...quiet and peaceful. Wondering through, I found bits of history were on every tombstone, several with "Washington" chiseled into them. Worth a visit if you are wondering around Charles Town looking at history.

1  Thank David K