“Cool place great food!”

Mountain View Diner
Ranked #13 of 65 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Description: Local family diner. Fresh homemade meals & desserts. Seating for large parties. Outdoor seating . Open 6am-11pm Sun-Thur, 6am-11pm Fri & Sat. Located across the street from Hollywood Casino.
Reviewed 28 August 2015

We eat here regularly. I have to say we own a restaurant and I can be very opinionated. However as critical as I sometimes am, I really can't find a lot of flaw here. They have a HUGE excellent menu.... and one night I went for it... I actually ordered the surf and turf. Yes steak and lobster at a diner- IT WAS EXCELLENT! All of the food was. And it usually is. I like that I can get a gyro or old school liver and onions here. MY ONLY COMPLAINT: This is a diner. Again, this is a diner. Work it! I was sad to see that after a few week closure last year for renovations the owners opted for modern-style lighting and décor that looks to have come from Home Depot. It's a diner. Why would you do anything but go with it's intended style and work that doo-wop style? Looking at the clientel there it certainly appeals to baby boomers who would perhaps love it even more, but that's just me :) Go back to the diner style! Great food, keep it up!

1  Thank MRFRIENDLY

Reviewed 20 August 2015

I can't believe we never knew about this diner in all the years we have been coming to Charles Town. Located right across the street from the casino, it is quite convenient. We had an early dinner and the food came quickly.Good food and huge portions so bring your appetite. Dinners come with soup and salad . Their fresh baked bread is awsome We both left with half of our dinners for the next day. Their cakes and pies looked wonderful but we were too full to give them a try. Definitely will be back.

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Sirloin tips are really a cut up sirloin in mushroom sauce done well. Only way they come. The burger my daughter got was done well when we asked for medium. Seems like they only know one way to cook. Pancake was a favorite for my other daughter. Fish and chips were great. Service good but not complete with what was ordered, causing additional trips for waitress.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Great food, huge menu to pick from. Everything is wonderful, huge portions. Staff is very fast, friendly and polite. Will def visit again.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Service is slow and rather surly. Food items consist mostly of starch saturated in grease - but it's plentiful.