“Southern Hospitality at it's Best”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I am rating this hotel as excellent due to the extra steps taken to ensure a nice visit. Upon arrival there was free coffee (available 24 hr daily) two kinds of cookies, mints , fruit, bags of fresh popcorn and newspapers. . The staff was exceedingly friendly and polite. The room was very clean and very well maintained. Nicely furnished in a very peaceful setting. The bed was comfortable. While the room and bathroom were not large all necessary amenities were there and items forgotten like a toothbrush was also available w/o charge. The breakfast was one of the best complimentary breakfasts we have ever had at similar hotels- again that extra effort was made. There were two kinds of scrambled eggs with and w/o ham as well as hard boiled eggs , Two kinds of sausages , cooked apples , nicely seasoned hash browns , biscuits and sausage gravy . 2 waffle makers, yogurt, pastries, juices, hot chocolate ,cereals etc.... The lady replenishing the breakfast was also very nice. My biggest issue was that the room had no bathtub , just a good sized shower . I prefer a tub with a shower. When I inquired it was mentioned that if you want a bathtub at a Sleep Inn request such a room before arrival. There is a Family restaurant adjacent to the hotel which is also convenient.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub as opposed to just a shower - request it before arrival.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2017

My husband and I stayed here after a very long day of driving. We didn't have a reservation but they had a room. The hotel was spotless and the employees were very friendly. Included was a hot breakfast the next morning. I would definitely recommend this hotel to travelers!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Marylu C
Reviewed 28 August 2017

despite being just off the departure end of the airport runway,( NO over flights becuse of the headings). When looking for this hotel (and you should), be advised it's ON US119 north of the city near the I77/I79 interchange. It has a great independant diner in the parking lot (where I ate), and a sort of a strip mall pizza joint across the road (where I didn't get a chance to eat). This property is a standard Sleep Inn layout where the design is well thought out (such as being able to watch TV ANYWHERE, including the shower).The property is along a small river with a relaxing gazebo (where most people smoke). The TV channel choice is top notch as is the breakfast item choices. Not only are cookies provide in the afternoon, but buttered popcorn is also in the alt breakfast area.
The staff is ULTRA friendly including when this writer could not figure out the digital TV remote ( it really turned out to be operator error). This staff was so on top of things that they slid the WIFY code under my door on the 2nd of my 2 day stay.
The ONLY reason NOT for the 5TH dot is that people with kids should know the this property ( like a lot of Sleep Inns does not have a pool).

Room Tip: Ask for an # room(away from I-79)
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2017

location a bit outside of the city , very quiet even though it is next to a highway, great front desk staff, room was excellent, comfortable beds, exceptionally clean, looked like it had just been recently renovated. we would most definitely stay here again, great restaurant right next door Hardings

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We arrived very late, close to midnight, and left very early, after breakfast. The staff (mostly middle-aged ladies) were extremely nice. Originally, we wanted a room with king bed, but as the night front desk clerk pointed out to us, the rooms facing the river were a lot more quiet, so we had 2 queen beds on the 3rd floor. The bathroom was really small, as a previous contributed suggested, but with pocket door into the room, we had no problems. The shower was excellent, air conditioning unit quiet, very good bedding and towels. The only complaint I would have (and it is only a small detail), the coffee was very weak. Still, for about 9 hours we stayed there, it was a pleasant experience. I am not sure if the hotel discounts (see previous reviews), I think it was a little more than I would pay and so I agree with travelinmama1731....Still, a good night sleep after a long drive from Sarnia, Canada to Charlotte NC was more important to us than $20-30 discount...

Room Tip: Select a room facing the river on the 3rd floor if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple