“Fresh fish when the beach is too far to go for the evening”
Review of Tidewater Grill

Tidewater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tidewater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 279 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Town Center Mall
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Never disappointed - great Greek salad and don't forget to add the salmon for a great dinner. The rolls are top notch. Only thing changed is they give you whipped butter instead of the butter slices which lacks some flavor in the whipped version. Also, miss the chocolate Brandy mousse which was a house specialty. Still a great meal. Pastas are great too. Lots of flavor! Enjoy!

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

I was invited to this restaurant by a friend of mine a few years ago. Every time we go to Charleston now it is hard to not eat here. The food, atmosphere, and quality are top notch. Have taken many friends here to eat, Always with rave reviews.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

great food, hot , good service, comfortable, substitutions no problem, cold beer, looking forward to going back ,

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have been to Charleston on business several times and this time decided to skip the chain restrauants and try Tidewater Grill. We were so disappointed. Although the service was ok, the food was a big let down. My wife had the Chargrill Chicken Salad. The chicken was dry, the vegetables were old and the dressing was ok at best.
I had the broiled scallops. I love scallops and these were below standard. First although they may have been technically sea scallops they were relatively small. The sauce was the only saving part of the dish. The main problem was that they were over cooked and as such were rubbery. We were tired and did not want to wait to have the restrauant fix the problems. I would hope they would. But the number 6 restrauant in Charleston should get it right the first time.
Probably won't be returning.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Tidewater was once what I would refer to as my "favorite restaurant" in Charleston. My tastes have moved on to Thai, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, and Ethiopian food, but Tidewater still has a favorite Greek salad (shame on them for the iceberg lettuce - so yesterday), and the best bread in the universe. But I do have to say, this is a restaurant that does that tired salt and butter thing, so you love the flavor, and waddle away feeling kind of greased-out. I mean, really, food has come a long way since they launched with this formula. Time to come into the present, and offer healthier menus and better ingredients for this high-priced fare.