“Not Dis-Guntled. Enjoyed The Moo-sic.”
Review of Barnyard Bbq

Barnyard Bbq
Ranked #14 of 28 Restaurants in Cross Lanes
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I was on a BBQ binge the week I passed by this place and decided to stop in. We ordered a pulled bbq pork sandwich with chips and a chicken bbq sandwich with fries. The pork was tasty. The chicken was a bit dry, but remedied with extra sauce. There were two bbq sauces on the table for use for additional flavoring. I would recommend the Carolina bbq. Live music began at 6pm on the deck. The group was quite good, engaging the diners to sing along. If I lived in the area, I would make this a regular hang out.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Stopped in for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday and decided to try smoked BBQ. The place is kind of in the woods but the staff and manger were pleasant. The surprise was the extent of the menu and side dish choices. i.e., smoked salmon, pizza, crab cakes, burgers, sandwiches, plus an assortment of smoked meats. We started with a basket of fritters which were enjoyable and the went whole hog with the smoked duo, brisket and pork, ribs, and an assortment of sides like collard greens, fried cabbage, coleslaw, baked BBQ beans, and mac & cheese. All were good but the mac & cheese. My smoked duo came a bit lukewarm but was returned to the kitchen. No special effort was made to celebrate our friends birthday. They have live music five days a week.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Went to Charleston as a halfway point to meet family and we were all really excited to try this bbq place near our hotel. The food was good...cold by the time we received it but tasted pretty good and bbq sauce was good. Sat right down as they were not busy, however, it took us over 45 minutes to get our food! Ordered a lemonade with one of the kids meals and never received it. Then later ordered a Shirley Temple drink and never got it either! Brought this up to the manager and he acted like he couldn't care less and did nothing about it! Will never go back!

1  Thank jesscompton86
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Only Bc I had to choose at least one "star/dot". Server followed me and my bf and two children (under 2) out to my vehicle yelling at me Bc she says she deserved a tip after being rude to us and the food being horrible. She then threatened me, stating," she hopes she seems me in cross lanes Bc she will see me, she will find me and she will get me Bc she's not always at work!!!!" All in front of my kids at my vehicle and the owner and mgr witnessed it all!!! Supposedly it'll be taken care of pet owner. Either way completely unacceptable!!!

2  Thank Ashley W
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

No smoker, wood, and last but not least...smoke. Everything tastes like crock pot pulled meat with a drop of liquid smoke. Even brisket was pulled and bland. Beware of a BBQ place that has a non functional smoker and no stack of wood outside. Food was like a pot luck dinner at a PTO meeting.

1  Thank Ron R