All reviewswest virginiasunflower mazecamping tripclean showerstayed nightsmarkbonniecampershostszenbathhouservprivacywv
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Two of the best days (and nights) of our 2 week road trip thru WV and Tennessee were spent right here at Pegasus Farm and in Zen 1. My girlfriend was a bit questionable of my choice for us to sleep in a bus two nights, however her reservations about the idea quickly changed after she saw Zen 1. The super clean shower house won her over as well. And of course, the absolutely super cool hosts Mark and Bonnie made it an experience we'll never forget. We feel we have two new friends in West Virginia!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank discotrek2
Reviewed 20 June 2017

It was a truly wonderful experience. From the moment we arrived till the moment of looking at the farm in the rearview mirror, it was wonderous. We stayed 15 days.
Bonnie and Mark are great hosts and well known throughout the community as an asset and hard workers. A very grateful and calm couple they are. So very rare in these modern and rushed days to find.
The farm, itself, is a beautiful and very peaceful place. The pastures with their tall grasses and wild flowers in bloom, made me go back to the days of living in Monroe County, WV. , as a child living on the farm. Yearnings for those days gone by, filled my mind and soul, (A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE FOR SURE.)
I loved every minute I was there. So take it from a gypsy and a travelin' fool ...go there and lay your burdens and worries at the gate. Step into a haven of cool breezes, protective trees and a calmness that will flood over you like the waters of the Jordan River, washing away all of your doubts, fears and troubles.
It was a privilege and pleasure to share some of my life with Bonnie "Bright Blue Eyes" and Mark the Calm.
MAY GOODNESS AND MERCY FOLLOW YOU AND YOURS ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE.

I AM, AS ALWAYS,WONDERING,
SHARON SMITH PETERS

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon P
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We absolutely loved Pegasus farms. What a peaceful, beautiful place. We wanted a place with peace and quiet and it was perfect. Our site was spacious and we loved walking the area. Mark and Bonnie were so welcoming and we loved the live music. We'd highly recommend it! We did the 4 hour train tour and big timber brewing really enjoyed both.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathryn K
Bonnie B, Owner at Pegasus Farm Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. You are welcome back any time!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

This campground is so peaceful & quiet. The owner- Mark was super nice & stayed on the phone with me giving directions until I got to campground. The place is 4 minutes from Elkins Walmart but it is tucked away as if you are out in country. The owner opened the bathhouse for us early even though they weren't officially open yet. The bathhouse is super clean & roomy. Looks like new. We stayed 2 nights and it was very cheap. We had afire ring and picnic table. Their is pavilion for music events that looks fun. Our daughter had a couple friends over for cookout and just loved it. Great place for family time and we will be returning. The view is awesome..

Room Tip: Good quality camping in our 30ft RV
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BrianandMellissa
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Guys, If you prefer to adapt a "Not in a hurry - Going no where fast" philosophy of life ... Elkins WV is that way of life. The people are real. The hosts are great. The time spent allows everyone to decompress and just feel alive - and not pushed to do much of anything.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family