“Beautiful cabin in great location”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Amish Cabin

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 23 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Bernadett...
“Beautiful cabin in great location”
Reviewed 7 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Looking for a less pricey alternative for our rafting trip and this definitely fit the bill! Within 15 minutes of Ace Adventure Park and very close to Walmart, gas station, liquor store and restaurants. The entire campsite is beautiful but these pretty little cabins are tucked back in a very private location. Beautifully maintained and clean. Mattresses on the bunks were surprisingly comfortable but the mats in the loft a little thin. The a/c worked great. Would definitely rent here for the next trip. Excellent deal for the money.

Your age range 50-64
10 Aug 2017
Thank you so much for taking time to give us a review ..so happy uou enjoyed your stay,,.please let me know if your in the area and need lodging again and I will give you our return customer discount,
Thanks so much!! Delores Thompson
photojunk...
Camby, Indiana
“Couldn't have hoped for more!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2017 for a stay in June 2015

We were hoping for a quiet place to stay for our rafting vacation and we found exactly that here! We were so satisfied with our choice, and have recommended it to others. The tiered beds were great for those with kiddos, allowing some alone time with the hubs!! We loved cooking by the fire, and chilling in bed at nighttime!!

10 Mar 2017
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review. Were so happy you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again in the future....

Thanks NRGP
Delores
cincycamp...
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best suited for younger people”
Reviewed 28 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

Cabin #1:

While the cabin description states that this is a two bedroom cabin, it would be more accurate to state that there are no bedrooms. In fairness, that wasn't a surprise to me as the pictures showed that most of the bedding is in a tiered structure (that, I'm assuming, is the 1st bedroom). Problem being that the tiered structure is a few feet from the table, TV, fridge, and microwave.

What the pictures don't show is that the "2nd bedroom" is the loft....three mattresses on the floor. This is the part that I thought was deceiving. I was left with the impression that there was an actual bedroom in addition to the tiered bunk beds. That's not the case.

All of the mattresses were thin, probably 4 inches....what I would expect in a youth camp. For those reasons, I think these cabins are better suited for younger people who don't have to worry about back issues.

That said, because I was by myself, I just took the twin mattresses on the 2nd tier and put it on top of the double base bunk mattress and that worked fine for me.

Bedding aside....

The bathroom: As another reviewer had reported, the toilet seat wouldn't stay up. The shower could have been cleaner.

Main cabin area: No complaints. While it was small (I expected as much), it was clean. There was plenty of room for me, but it would be tight for a group of people. The TV worked well. The internet (as warned) was non-existent but I had no problem with my phone's personal hot spot connection. The fridge had not been cleaned, but it's a fridge....no big deal.

Accessing the cabin: No problems but I wouldn't recommend trying to find the cabins in the dark as they are at the back of the property. But, my GPS directed me to the entrance so headlights and slow driving would get you to the destination. The lock box setup was good. I was able to park right outside the cabin (always a bonus by my standards), and there were just a few steps on the covered porch to enter the cabin.

Outside: I booked the cabin because it had a fire pit. It was quite functional. Added bonus...plenty of benches/picnic table for a group to enjoy a campfire. Accessed two ways: exiting the main cabin door in the front and walking around to the fire pit, or going through the door in the bathroom that exits right to the fire pit....might seem odd, but I found it convenient.

Bottom line: There is nothing that would prevent me from reserving a cabin again. I provided the detail that I did because some older individuals would struggle with the bedding (not bed mattresses) and sleeping arrangements (if in a group). The description says it sleeps six....that would require at least four people climbing the ladder, and at least two sleeping in the loft. That's an absolute bargain for a group of young adults! It, however, would not work well for a set of couples. Put differently, if you're traveling solo or as a couple...go for it. If you're a group of young adults...go for it. If you're a group of older adults requiring separate bedding....not ideal but fine as long as you are comfortable with the bedding structure.

I hope to return next spring!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The price and the fire pit
Liked least: The bedding
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
10 Mar 2017
Thank you so much for your review... I always try to explain to people those are small cabins and I would not suggest all adults renting one. It would be very small for that. I will check all websites because I was thinking they have on there that its a actual one room cabin with the extra loft. I will make sure and if not correct that.. Again thanks so much for your review Also will check dates you stayed and who would have cleaned that cabin,, the shower should have been spotless. Thank you NRGP
Von S
Grass Lake, Michigan
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 16 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We are already planning when we can come back. The cabins are comfortable and clean. We did not even hear our neighbors. Nice wooded area perfect for bonfires. It was everything we expected.

10 Mar 2017
Thanks so much for your review!!! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. We look forward to seeing you in the future.. Thanks NRGP
SEwashing...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quiet and All You Need”
Reviewed 23 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

These cabins are just what you need to rest after a great time enjoying all that Fayetteville and the surrounding areas. Cold A/C... Nice Bathrooms... Nice bunks and sleeping pads in the loft. You really can't get much better if you want something that is clean, quiet, and relaxing.

This was the 2nd time staying on the property and it will 100% not be the last.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
25 Jun 2016
Thank you so much for taking time to give this review... Were so happy you have enjoyed staying with us,,, Hope to see you again in the future,
Delores
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing