“Good food, atmosphere ”

Ranked #5 of 165 Restaurants in Martinsburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed our food...husband had a steak and said it was one of the best he's ever had. I had crab cakes that were good as well. Mac and cheese was standard and wouldn't order that again, but the grilled asparagus was a winner! Service was great! We'll be back when we travel back through.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Visited April 23rd. Was a disappointment. Service was minimal. Shrimp cocktail was excellent however scallops had to be sent back...... smelled and tasted like ammonia.
Steak average. Service was really lacking!
Certainly if passing throws go this town would not return.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

This was the third time that I visited this restaurant in one month. The food, service and atmosphere is very good. I was alone this time so I sat at the bar. Robin the bartender was friendly, very professional and knowledgeable about the various dishes on the menu. She recommended the chicken. It was a great choice. Chicken was cooked perfectly. The beer selection is also good. I would recommend this restaurant for dining with a group or alone. The staff really makes you feel at home.

1  Thank revy2005
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Everything was great - the food, the service and atmosphere. We were greeted immediately and seated.There are only a few tables so we were seated at on of the wooden booths - it was snug but this place was built many years ago when everyone was smaller. Nice historic building with a lot of character. Our waitress was cheerful and very attentive! I ordered the filet - seasoned and cooked perfectly! Also, the brussel sprouts were outstanding!. My wife had lasagna along with grilled bananas/pineapple and she was equally satisfied. Other party members also had the filet with similar comments. We shared desserts (Tira Masu and Apple Pie) - again all were really good! All in all, a great experience - we will be back!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

After receiving confirmation that I passed my boards today, I decided to celebrate by exploring a restaurant of interest. Interesting is an understatement of this establishment! Circa 1920s Tiffany lamps, booths, and table tops with a bar once owned by Al Capone. The food is even better. I enjoyed the seared scallop appetizer and feasted on the crab cakes. Emphasis on the crab....delicious! The tiramisu was the perfect icing on the cake to a perfect dinner. The wait staff are super attentive and knowledgeable of the history of the establishment and Prohibition period. Absolutely perfect ending to a fabulous day!