“I live in Morgantown and travel quite a bit and this is a place the locals don't want you to know about”
Review of The Dirty Bird

The Dirty Bird
Ranked #13 of 315 Restaurants in Morgantown
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Description: Opened less than a year ago in the former Urban Eats location in downtown Morgantown. Excellent chicken. My friend and I just tried it last week. Unique reciepes and combination sandwiches.
Reviewed 3 February 2018

When we get back to Morgantown we always make a trip. The chicken is out of this world as fried chicken goes. They serve it fresh and run out many days, so yes they close. Best to call first or place a to go order! All of the food is great also worth a try are the green beans and the mac and cheese. Most homemade sides have meat so vegetarians beware. A favorite of the locals and the college kids missing home cooking. The owner and her staff are great they really take care of you!

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Yeah it really was. Stopped here on our way to Kentucky. Then stopped again on the way back. IT was that good!!! My wife worships the Dirty Bird and ate it both times we stopped.. I had chicken and waffles going and a three piece and biscuit on the way back. Both were excellent.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The dirty bird biscuit sandwich was quite good, but the experience was pretty bad because the staff was cranking this horrible R&B or hip-hop stuff out of a cheap boom box in the small lobby. The price for the food was way too high for having to put up with that. All I could think was, “how soon can we get the hell out of here?”

1  Thank MountainKahuna
Reviewed 14 September 2017

My go-to is the Bake Sale Betty. I love a good vinaigrette pepper slaw, and theirs just seems to be made to put on a chicken sandwich. However, every time me and my co-workers or family have a craving for some chicken, they are closed. I understand they value family life and make an effort to make that a priority over having a store front, but I don't know how they maintain business with their seemingly random closures. I now know when to kind of expect that they may not be open, but it's quite the bummer.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Best fried chicken we ever had. Good fries and macaroni and cheese, too. Biscuits perfect. Price reasonable! Staff and owners friendly.