All reviews historic hotel spats restaurant downtown parkersburg ice bucket starbucks coffee wonderful hotel old world modern amenities chain hotels west virginia junior suite a wonderful stay gift shop spent one night room was large the entire staff ohio river
Reviewed 24 October 2015

Recently had a wonderful stay at the historic Blennerhassett Hotel with a few friends. We only stayed 1 night, but what an impression it left on us!! Everyone was so friendly, especially the doorman/valet. The furnishings in our executive suite were amazing, we felt like royalty... I was surprised there was no fridge in the suite though. We had the breakfast buffet the next morning. It was a little expensive but worth it. It offered a large selection of foods. The food was plentiful and fresh despite the fact we were at the end of the breakfast hours. Can't wait to return with my husband!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Amanda M, Guest Services at The Blennerhassett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Hello,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are elated to hear about your wonderful visit with us. It is certainly our pleasure to make you feel like royalty, and couldn't be happier to hear that we accomplished this. We would like to invite you back for our holiday Christmas displays and gingerbread house display as well. If you ever need a refrigerator for your future stays, please let our front desk agents know, and we'll be happy to supply one for you.
Safe travels and best regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2015

We stayed here for four days, three nights. We were met by the most friendly bellman ever, Mike, who was helpful and congenial but not overbearing. The staff to a person was warm, ready to please, and answered all our questions. We had a room in the new section facing west which did mean it caught the afternoon sun so a bit warm if you didn't pull the curtains. The library is a beautiful room to sit and read, drink a cup of coffee, or just relax. The restaurant was AMAZING, we ate there all three days, breakfast and supper and never had a bad meal. Tyler, our waiter was yet another competent and friendly face that made our stay here one that we will repeat!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west have the afternoon sun but are away from the street so seemed to be quieter. Rooms in the new wing are very spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Amanda M, Guest Services at The Blennerhassett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2015

Mr. Frank,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed yourselves during your visit to the hotel and especially in the in-house restaurant. Spats restaurant is delighted in making each and every dining experience a memorable one. Should you find yourselves in our area during the holidays, be sure to explore our Christmas tree display or our gingerbread house display.
Save travels and best regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2015

This classy,historic hotel offers something for everyone. Beautifully appointed, so comfortable, great dining, a friendly bar with great atmosphere all in a lovely setting. The staff is outstanding willing to help at any request, friendly and accommodating. A wonderful place for a weekend get away or for business. since this is a downtown hotel the optional, free valet parking is a real plus!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

Hello,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is a pleasure to take care of your needs during your time with us. We certainly look forward to your return. If you would like more information about our future holiday events, please feel free to check out our website or call us directly at 304-422-3131.
Best regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2015

This was the first time I have stay here. It is located in downtown Parkersburg, West Virginia. This hotel is beautiful and full of history. The lobby and the entire first floor was so interesting. The room was very clean and up to date but had the décor of staying in a hotel with years of history, which was perfect. They only issue I had was when I checked in the bellman told me he could help me with my car and luggage. He asked me twice. Then when I was checking in the young lady told me the bellman could help me with my luggage and car. As I was getting into my car to park around the back of the hotel the bellman again told me he could help with the my car and luggage. As I entered the back door of the hotel an employee setting up the banquet area was very nice and we were talking and she said to have the bellman take my luggage up. I only had a suitcase and briefcase and I do not look feeble. The point is, it got annoying trying to shove the bellman on you. I appreciate they have this service but this was too much when you tell them no. Other than that it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Mr. Bob,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your room accommodations. The employees of the Blennerhassett Hotel, in all departments, are coached to offer assistance to all guests whenever we see an opportunity. This is simply in an effort to go above and beyond for those who afford us the pleasure. We did not mean to imply a sense of feebleness from our offers of assistance with your luggage. We will certainly evaluate our approach and appreciate your valuable feedback.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

I've never been a fan of the standard "cookie cutter" hotels, especially having a preference for suite style rooms, but having stayed here two times now directly following stays at a Sleep Inn & Suites and Country Inn; I can't say that I'll not return to the Blennerhassett.

My king "suite" was by far the smallest room I've stayed in. The first time I thought it was a mistake by the desk clerk when I ended up in such a small room, but this time, having been charged $134 (and was told that was a "huge discount") I specifically asked and was told this is the largest room they have...

Dinner last night at Spats was okay at best but for $75, you can eat anywhere in PKB and probably get better food.

In the end for me, the value and quality is just not there to return.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank rljdirector
Amanda M, Front Office Manager at The Blennerhassett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear rljdirector,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at The Blennerhassett Hotel. I am saddened to hear that you are of the opinion that your experience was not to the standard of value of which you were expecting.
Being a historic property we do have 7 different types of rooms, not all of which are always available, due to some of those room types selling out. It’s hard to compare apples to oranges but each of our room types offers a unique experience and charm. With a blend of historical flair and modern convenience, The Blennerhassett Hotel is a boutique hotel like no other and certainly not cookie cutter in decor, service or atmosphere. Our Junior Suites boast 500 sq. ft. of elegance and ambiance while our Executive Suites are larger still! Complimentary valet, the proudly brews Starbucks Coffee Shoppe in our lobby, and our on-site restaurant, Spats, are just a few of the conveniences we offer to our guests at our unique hotel. The menu changes often at the restaurant and we also offer a daily feature, in our mission to meet and exceed each individual’s expectations. Perhaps enjoying a craft beer or specialty cocktail accompanied by some of the lighter fare options in Spats Lounge might entice you? After all, it’s just a short elevator ride to the room.
It would be my sincere pleasure to have you afford us the opportunity, just once more, to fully demonstrate to you a more valuable experience. So, I take this opportunity to invite you back, in hopes to better accommodate you! Thank you again, for your insight to your experience with us. We will continue to work hard on improving in all of our endeavors.
Warm Regards,