US$65
US$54
Motel 6 Parkerburg(Parkersburg)
US$55
US$109
Sleep Inn & Suites(Parkersburg)
US$93
Economy Inn(Parkersburg)
US$60
All reviewshistoric hotelspats restaurantdowntown parkersburgice bucketstarbucks coffeewonderful hotelold worldmodern amenitieschain hotelswest virginiajunior suitea wonderful staygift shopspent one nightroom was largeohio riverthe entire staff
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is the place to stay in Parkersburg. The large suites are glorious, with high ceilings, a huge comfortable bed, a really big desk, really big walk-in closet, and large elegant double-sink bathroom with more counter space than you'll ever need, fluffy towels (even a makeup towel), and top-of-the-line toiletries.

The entire building is old, historic, and well-maintained. Rumor is that there is a ghost in the library, but it's not true. On the other hand, if you are in Parkersburg in October, the Parkersburg nighttime ghost walk leaves from the Blennerhassett Hotel and is great entertainment.

The icing on this historic cake, however, is its very fine restaurant. Dine outside in the garden, often with live music when the weather is warm. Or, enjoy the nicely lit fine dining room. Even then, you might want to order the Spatt's burger, because it's just the best. There's often entertainment inside, too. Cocktail hour is accompanied by first rate appetizers. The bar's specialty is martinis, and they actually are quite creative and tasty. Lunchtime has a soup and sandwich offering that can't be beat.

In short, you don't need to wander about town looking for a place to eat. The Blennerhassett Hotel has it all in one place.

Room Tip: Splurge on one of the large suites. Avoid the top floor (air conditioner noise). Get a room facing the Fort Boreman hillside.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Amanda M, Guest Services Manager at The Blennerhassett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words about the hotel and your stay with us. We greatly appreciate you sharing about your experience with fellow members of the travel community. Our entire staff works to serve our guests and treat them to the best experience possible. We have passed your feedback about Spats at the Blennerhassett on to our chefs and staff, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to have you as our guest again, should you find yourself in the area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I will start with this room was paid for by the jazz band we were there with. I have to be fair in saying I do not know what all rooms have to offer when writing this, I can only speak of our experience with staff, food, and convenience.

Upon arrival, we knew parking was an issue as it’s public parking not being attached to the hotel that’s “not” gated.

On entering our room was not ready and they wanted a credit card to put on file which was already paid for so a card was already on file and we were told from the go we would not need to put ours on in addition. So that was a bad start already.

We decided since we had an hour wait, we entered spats restaurant and thought while waiting we’d get lunch. Apparently after 2 they menu is cut to half the normal size. Ok I get it, time to prep for dinner. Service was in existent, took forever to order and to pay bill. Good food, very good for what we could order but I’m sorry a half salad, a cup of soup, and burger/fries with two soft drinks is not 30 dollars worth of good. So dinner was out of the question here, I can deal with spending money but not inexistent service.

As for the room. As I said, it was paid for. As basic as you can get for an over night stay. It was nice decor comfy bed. Basic room= equals by the way.. bed, tv, chair, small desk, and a tiny bathroom. My issue however was electrical outlets and the noise level. In today’s modern age we have phones,tablets,and laptops. This room is not conducive for this at all. We had an outlet by the desk and on one nightstand attached to the clock. The walls are paper thin, you could hear your neighbors sneeze and other bodily functions . The road traffic was horrible and kept us up all night.

The staff never said hello nor greeted us once while there. In all fairness, seemed busy with weddings and receptions during our stay.

Final conclusion, next time we are in town we is a few times a year we will pay for our own room and go somewhere with more soundproofing. I can’t imagine the walls getting thicker cause you get a nicer room. I get not having mini fridges or microwaves for a small room but no sound control is huge no no in my book. As well as unfriendly staff.

I will say the hotel main floor is beautiful and the hotel is quaint charming and historic. I wish I had more positive to say.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed several days at the wonderful hotel. Due to an unexpected illness, we spent most of our vacation in the hotel proper.

Our room was beautiful, spacious, and comfortable. We really appreciated the quiet setting and blackout drapes, which allowed us much-needed rest.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant (Spats) was outstanding.

Though our vacation turned out a little different than we planned, we still enjoyed ourselves at this wonderful hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words and feedback about your experience staying with us. We are sorry to hear that you were under the weather, but glad that you still enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strives to treat each guest to the best possible experience while staying with us, and we are very pleased to hear about your experience during your stay. We would love to have you as our guest again, should you find yourself in the area.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

It is sheer magic walking into the Blennerhassett Hotel in the historic town of Parkersburg West Virginia. This Queen Anne Style hotel that thrived in the Gas Light Era encompasses gentility and style, maintaining its historic splendor and civilized ambience. Sitting in the lounge and gazing at fabulous works of art on the wall of what appeared to be scene's from a cocktail party in the roaring 20's, made me want to jump into the frame and literally bring to life every stroke of the artist's brush. Accompanied by nostalgic music playing softly in the background, I closed my eyes while I sipped my pinot noir to the tune of 'La Vie En Rose'. Searching for this kind of authentic ambience in a city like New York is even challenging and finding this jewel of a spot in the tiny town of Parkersburg West Virginia is like discovering gold in an old mining town.

Amanda McKnight who is the guest services manager is a part of creating an outstanding staff in the hotel. Ryan, Brooke and our server who had long brown hair and a great personality all make this hotel a memorable one. Javier who delivered our water and extra towels was joy to meet along with the others too. I opened my door in the morning to greet Shauna, a member of the house keeping staff in the midst of cleaning another room. I spoke with her about how amazed I was at the cleanliness of our rooms as it was our second visit. The bathroom was spotless and was genuinely clean along with fresh bed linen in the room, smudge free television converters, hairdryers, desks, window sills and dust and stain free furniture. I notice everything in detail and sometimes when a room appears to be clean, it still has that 'grunge feel' to it like someone has been there before. Not at this hotel though! The Blennerhassett exceeds my expectation and cradles my OCD state of mind. They are outstanding in every way.

In the restaurant and lounge, I have imprinted the wedge salad and French onion soup into my mind for my next visit. Travelling with my little service dog, I am happy to see that the Blennerhassett welcomes other canine travelers, even writing their names in chalk on a welcome black board shaped like a Daschund. A clean towel with paw prints and two stainless steel dishes (one filled with colorful treats) is against the wall on the floor of each guest's room for their dog children and they are treated like welcomed guests and called by name. It is indeed awe striking for me that this hotel blows others out of the water in cleanliness. So many hotels in North America and world wide frown on four legged guests bragging about their 'no pets allowed' rules and they are some of the most disappointing proving that their poor hygiene standards that are well below par have more to do with the human beings that stay! I would personally like to offer a big paw of applaud for Mr. Larry McIntyre for providing an exceptional experience because as most of us in business know, success and quality trickles down from the very top.

I look forward to returning to the quaint and charming town of Parkersburg which has not yet been sucked into the modern commercial world of Starbucks and Target. This brings me to my only complaint. Starbucks coffee is a joyless cup of commercial swill. I would suggest a coffee like Don Cox's Bald Guy Brew from Boone North Carolina or even perhaps a coffee connoisseur’s brew from West Virginia!

I look forward to my next visit and thank everyone at the Blennerhassett Hotel for their outstanding service and providing a wonderful place for us to stay during our travels.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your excellent feedback and sharing about your experience with the travel community. Our entire staff strives to have each guest enjoy their stay with us from beginning to end, and we are so pleased to know that we achieved this goal. Your feedback has been passed along to my staff, and everyone else in the hotel. We are truly humbled by your review and kind words about the Blennerhassett, and we would love to have you and service dog stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed a 12 day stay at this historical hotel. Tips: ask for a room at the back of the hotel if traffic noise wakens you; plan on long, leisurely meal times if eating in the hotel Restaurant. Food is excellent; service is very slow no matter what meal; no matter how busy or slow.

Valet parking is wonderful and service is great upon arrival. After that, if you need help loading or unloading baggage, you have to ask the valet for help. They cheerfully do so when prodded.

Staff is friendly.

Pool is at the nearby Y.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your feedback and sharing about your experience with others in the travel community. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the atmosphere of the Blennerhassett and your stay with us. Being situated in a downtown setting, traffic noise is a concern and we gladly accommodate requests if this is an issue during your stay. We hope that you will stay with us again, should you be in the area.