Comfort Inn Parkersburg
Sleep Inn & Suites(Parkersburg)
US$93
US$95
Rodeway Inn(Mineral Wells)
US$55
RodewayInn
All reviewsno elevatorred lobstera bit overpricedlimited barwaffle makerchoice privilegessausage gravyhot breakfastindoor poolbiscuitsyogurthotel is locatedfront desk clerkrecommend this hotelcomfortable bedsthe breakfast areawater pressure
Reviewed 3 August 2016

staff very good, room was damp feeling maybe because there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. it was clean and the breakfast was wonderful. microwave and fridge were nice to have as was the hair dryer

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank beckcarolyn
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Just wanted a short get away. Was a good place to stay. Room was nice. Breakfast was good. The pool was nice. Some places advertise heated pool and then are not heated. Not the case here. It was heated just right. The down side. No elevator and with bad knees going up and down the stairs was a little tough. But we would still come back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

I spent two nights at the hotel. The room was clean and updated. The lobby and breakfast areas were satisfactory. Breakfast was as you would expect. Nothing special but ok. The amenities were the negative items. The Internet speed was almost non existent. I could hardly up load Facebook pages let alone stream anything. The whirlpool tub belched out an occasional bubble but was far from functioning properly. And, there is no onsite work out area although they did offer free admittance to a gym a few miles down the road. I would think that other hotels in the area would offer better amenities at the same price.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 4 July 2016

We absolutely loved our stay in Parkersburg at the Comfort inn. The check in lady was very nice and told us what we needed to know about the hotel including free Wi-Fi and breakfast.
Our room was upstairs which was the only pain, dragging cases and bags up stairs as no lift.
we ate at Georges place which is close by. loads of others available too.

Room Tip: lower floor if you can't manage stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary A
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Stayed for 2 nights at this location which is great if you want to be close to restaurants. There are literally 20+ restaurants within a mile of this location.
The beds are comfy, the staff is super friendly and accommodating and the hotel which appears to be a bit older is clean and safe.
There were a few misfires on our visit however. My toilet didn't flush right and it would go on continuously, not a huge issue but noticeable. The bigger issue we had in both rooms was a damp feeling and it smelled like they used to be smoking rooms. In fairness it was not moldy smelling and I am really allergic to mold so I wouldn't have made it but when I got home all my clothes had that same damp feeling as the room. My guess is that the AC units can't pull the moisture out like they should.
Saying that, we worked hard and slept hard in the comfy beds.
There was a full hot breakfast spread that was fantastic one day and the other day the eggs had been sitting in the pan too long and were like rubber. Again to be honest if I had said something to the breakfast host they probably would have been accomodating.
Even with those few wrinkles I would stay here again due to the friendly staff, location and value.The wifi connection was also very slow during my stay.

Room Tip: Didn't see an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business