“Local landmark; disappointing food”

Jimmy Colombo's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 111 Restaurants in Parkersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Jimmy's is a Italian family restaurant that opened in 1954. It's a piece of local history- walls are covered with pictures of local sports heros and of celebrities who have dined there.
Now run by second and third generation, supported by friendly, loyal staff. I'm sure the food was great back in the day. Now it's uninspired and poorly prepared.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

If you're from out of town like we were and you want to meet Parkersburg up close, come to Colombo's. It's family-friendly, yet does have a bar with mixed drinks, great food and great service. It's very casual and broken up into a lot of different rooms so it's still cozy and intimate.

I agree with an earlier review...the Antipasto Salad is excellent. Better than my Spaghetti and Meatballs...although they were good, but pretty average for an Italian restaurant. The Anitpasto though...the best. My sister and brother-in-law had the Shrimp Scampi and loved it. Lots of garlic bread. Big portions. Good wine. Good iced tea. No room for dessert.

Our server was Ricky. She was great. Don't be fooled if the parking lot looks full, there's plenty of seating as we found out. You won't be disappointed in Colombo's.

2  Thank Diamond_Jack_Tours
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

This place has been around for a long time, the food is ok, but nothing spectacular, but then again, you are in Parkersburg, WV. Their antipasto salad is probably the best thing they've got. Liquor is limited on the high end stuff, ordered Grey Goose Vodka and they said sorry, the best we have is Absolute, alrighty then! Food was your average Italian stuff, prices are reasonable and without many Italian restaurants in the area, this is the place to go!

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Though a local tradition, and community centered with lots of memorabilia on the walls to showcase their local history, it struggles in comparison to other local places like DiVinci's in Williamstown or CJ's in Vienna.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

We were seated in the "Police Room" and had the owner stop by an chat. He ordered for us: two plates of sausages, antipasto salad, garlic toast, and a 12 inch pizza. I had the baked lasagna, my traveling partner had the chicken parm. OMG, was everything so good! And I was stuffed. The Peroni beer helped wash it all down. I would eat here again.