“Not impressed”

Jimmy Colombo's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 110 Restaurants in Parkersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2017

The garlic bread was very good and my wife liked her Chicken Parmesan but my pizza was a different story. The pizza was very lightly baked and I wondered if that was the way they made them here. Nope! I saw several other pizzas on other tables that were rich golden brown and I could hear the crunch when they bit into it. My pizza was very white on the bottom and only lightly browned on top with no hint of crispy anywhere. A 12" pizza was priced at just south of $13 on special I could only stomach half of it. Very disappointing dining experience. After reading the reviews I should have just continued up the street to Rubi's pizza.

1  Thank William B

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Since I'm half Italian, I know good Italian food. My wife and I eat there twice a month, only cause we live an hour away. Their gravy is spot on and if you know Italian food , it revolves around the gravy. I recommend the eggplant parmesan and the calimary. The service is excellent and the food comes out quick , even when busy ! Also the decor reminds me of the Italian restaurants I grew up eating in. Stop in you won't regret it !

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We were traveling in the area and this restaurant was recommended by the hotel we stayed at. It was a well-deserved recommendation, as the food was very good and almost too plentiful. The atmosphere and service made our visit very pleasant. It's a nice Italian neighborhood type of place but large with lots of small rooms that could easily and comfortably accomodate large families or groups with big appetites.

1  Thank Carolyn R
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

As a child came here quite frequently. Glad we came again. Great family atmosphere and Italian food.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Great food. Great service. Wonderful garlic bread. We always enjoy eating here. Our Civitan club meets here frequently.