“Anniversary Dinner”

Ranked #17 of 38 Restaurants in Saint Albans
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We were seated downstairs close to a window for an amazing view of the river. Our waiter came right over with water and a wine list. I had the stuffed whitefish and my companion had the steak. We started with salads and ended with a complimentary peanut butter pie. The salad was fresh and delicious (although a little cheese heavy). The mains were superb. The pie was to die for. Wine selection was slim, but the house wasn't bad. Service was top notch. Will definitely go again!

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Angela's is a great place to go with your love one or family. Their menu has something for everyone. I enjoy the vegetable lasagna. Their steak is def the best in the valley. A go to place for sure if your in the Charleston area.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Customer satisfaction does not matter at all here. If you don't like the food, too bad. My boyfriend got a $20 steak that was so tough it was inedible. When we complained, we were given 10% off the entrée, not even 10% off the entire bill. In order to get this savings of $2, we had to wait about an hour. I have never been to a place where customer satisfaction did not matter at all.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

I wanted to try this place for my birthday since I had never been there before. What a mistake! We showed up at 6, and were seated quickly. We then ordered our drinks and food. When my boyfriend's ribeye arrived, it was so tough that it was inedible. We told the waitress, who informed us that she would talk this over with "Angela". When she returned, about 20 minutes later, she informed us that "Angela" had decided that he could have a free dessert for his troubles. He replied that he really did not want a dessert, and our waitress moved on, never to be seen again. About 20 minutes later, a different waitress, who I'm assuming heard about our dissatisfaction, stopped by to ask how things were. We repeated the story, and asked if it could be taken off the bill, since he didn't even eat it. She left with the promise of talking to "Angela". About 30 minutes later, a young boy came to our table stating that the beef had just been cut fresh that very day, thereby making it difficult to cook, resulting in a tough steak. For our troubles, "Angela" agreed to take 10% off our bill. We looked at the bill, and the 10% was off the steak only, about $1.90, not the entire bill. This is no way to do business, and a great way to ensure that your restaurant remains empty. We will definitely not return.

1  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed 17 November 2016

We eat at Angela's every month or two. I routinely have her "small" filet. I use the quotes because the steak cuts are consistently generous. My only complaint is the use of iceberg lettuce in the salads, seems to be a cultural thing here in WV. Mixed greens or spinach salads are the exception not the rule. Anyway Angela's has consistently good food, good and friendly service. I like it.