“Nice Sunday Brunch”

Bavarian Inn Dining Room
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: European, German
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Upscale Restaurant featuring a wide variety of Authentic German Cuisine along with delicious continental specialties including Seafood & Steaks. Casual dining also available with same menu.
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Thirteen family members had a delightful Sunday brunch. The selection of items on the various buffet tables was extensive. i ended up sampling and my ratings (1-5) follow:
5 - oysters on the half shell. Petite and succulent.
4 - German potato salad. Served cold which I thought odd since every other time I have had this, including restaurants in Germany and Austria, this was served warm.
4 - Ham and cheese croissants. Good but on the dry side.
5 - Red cabbage salad. Served cold but excellent.
5 - Red cabbage. Warm and great with the lamb.
4 - Lamb. Very good but overcooked.
5 - Green beans. Served crisp like I love them.
5 - Steamed veggies - Served on the crisp side.
4 - Creme brule - very good
5 - Chocolate mouse tarte. My wife loved these.
5 - Unlimited mimosas. A great deal for an extra $11

My biggest negative was the lack of wursts and the cold rather than warm potato salad.

Service, presentation, and ambiance were outstanding.

DavidAsam, Owner at Bavarian Inn Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments and rating of individual items. Brunch has become our most popular meal period, and we attempt to provide a wide variety of flavors to satisfy all tastes. We do offer each Sunday sliced weiss, knack, & brat wursts over saurkraut. I'm sorry you missed those. With our a la carte menu the German potato salad is warm, yet simply due to space constraints we offer it cold on the buffet. We will be more than happy to serve warm upon request. I'm glad you enjoyed most things, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I dined with a rather large group and the service was great.

The quality of the food, in general, was excellent But on some of the entrees, the servings were a bit small. The spaetzle was a bit too soft and seemed to be regular noodle tasting rather than spaetzle.

I found the pate' to be my overall favorite. The salmon and beet salad were also very good. The prices were quite good.

I will add that the table itself although in a nice building was set rather shabbily. My water glass had a large chip out of the bottom and the fabric covering on candle holders was peeling unattractively from age. I was a bit surprised since this spot is billed as being rather upscale.

DavidAsam, Owner at Bavarian Inn Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad the overall experience was enjoyable. I do apologize for the table condition, as this is completely unacceptable to our standards. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. We hope to share a more refined experience with you on the next visit!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

My wife and I had a beautiful, tasty Valentine’s dinner at the BIDR. Great German food, although a bit pricey. The ambience is nice; we had a table by the fireplace on a cold night, which was great. They like keeping the place “upscale,” recommending jackets for men and appropriate dresses or business attire for women, but I noticed the majority of diners didn’t keep that standard. No one seemed to mind.
They also had an amazing Sunday brunch, which was served upstairs but which we ate down in the very cozy Rathskeller, due to having not had reservations. Actually that turned out to be a great thing, as it was much less chaotic and very “German” feeling. I hope we will be back to this restaurant; it was great.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed the dinner & brunch. We prefer but do not require jackets in the dining room. This is not greatly enforced, because, as you noted our guests do not prefer this. We do enforce no shorts nor athletic attire, and will continue to ask guests to dress appropriately. We hope to share many more great meals with you in the near future!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for authentic German dinner and are in this area then go here! My husband and I stayed here 1 night and ate at the dining room and enjoyed every bite. Only disappointment was the Black Forest Cake was extremely small for the price. As the owner of a Bakery I would never have offered a slice of this kind of cake with less than 6 layers. Other than that everything else was perfect

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your meal. I will happily speak with our local baker to talk about adding another layer or two to the Black Forrest Cake. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We had drinks in the Rathskellar. It felt like we were in Europe. Very cozy. Not for the vegetarian, large exotic meat menu. The piano player was nice.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed the Rathskellar. While we do indeed prefer our carnivorous and pescatarian style, we are more than happy to create vegetarian options for you any time! We hope to welcome you back soon!