“Great lunch”

Cuisines: Pub, Welsh
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Just come back from a lovely 3 course lunch at this pub/restaurant. I haven't been here for years what a change. Good accessibility and facilities for wheelchair users too

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Fresh food cooked to perfection with love and care! OMG, were we glad we opted to go here for Sunday lunch - we were treated to some of the best meals we've had in a long time, in a pub, at this price (they should charge way more for food of this quality). I had the braised beef which was sooooo tender and lean it just fell apart when I touched it, with the addition of home made horseradish sauce (its those little things that make all the difference). My partner had the belly pork which was also devine, accompanied by some perfectly cooked pork scratchings and dauphinois potato. All served with fresh veg that were just right - smooth and creamy rosemary mash, crispy roast potato, *roast parsnip* (my favourite, and very rarely found when eating out), roast swede and mixed veg. Oh, and your own little boat of proper gravy. Yum. Topped off by really lovely service. Can't recommend highly enough, wish it was my local!!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We have been here before . We recommended this place to our friends , and when they walked in they were impressed. We all had starters , between us we had the salmon , Thai chicken salad and Mediterranean vegetable soup . They were all scrumptious. For mains three of us had beef dinner and one had lamb dinner . The vegetables were cooked spot on as well as the meat dinners . For dessert three people had knickerbocker glories and I had chocolate mousse . Our friends were really impressed and will definitely go again . The staff are excellent, polite and friendly .

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Have visited y Blac a few times now and not been disappointed yet and long may that continue! Lovey interior, great food - cooked well, with care & attention, attentive and friendly staff. Whether visiting for a pub lunch or a special occasion meal you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This restaurant completely changed the view I had of Welsh food. We went there and ordered 3 different meals. They were all full of flavour and well balanced. I highly recommend this place