“Extended stay style budget hotel”
Review of Mountain Trail Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Logan
Mountain Trail Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 West Logan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2016

At $40 a night you can't expect much, my experience wasn't bad for the money but some basic improvements could be made to make this a better place to stay.

I was put on the second floor, up a rather cumbersome set of stairs that would be an issue for someone with heavy bags or mobility impaired. More of a concern to me, the WiFi didn't work in my room, and in fact didn't extend very far. I had to sit by the front desk to use my computer. Fortunately on the Monday night, they were not busy. The WiFi could use some repeaters given the size of the facility. The coffee they had by the front entrance tasked like dishwater. I suggested making it stronger, and real cream would have been a plus. Service is very friendly.

The room itself was fine and clean. Mini fridge, microwave, desk and large bed, all you really need for a basic room. TV is CRT, not flat screen yet. Air conditioning / heating unit at least has electronic temperature setting.

I'd give this place 3.5 stars.

Room Tip: Get one near the front desk if you want to enjoy WiFi in the room. I'd also recommend getting o...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Joe S

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is an OLD property. It is in a cramped and relatively unattractive neighborhood. It sits in a small stream valley where there is barely enough room for a road, let alone multi-unit lodging. It has interior corridors with numerous stairs in odd places. The rooms were on the small side. The furniture was all clean and comfortable. The plumbing in the bathroom worked fine. When I walked in, three of the four light bulbs were burnt out. The manager brought replacements very quickly. The manager was friendly and he handled both check in and checkout accurately. The décor is rustic. The parking lot is small and exposed to traffic. But the price was right. Iff booked cheaply enough, this property is clean enough to be a decent value in an area with limited options.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2012

The staff is very friendly,affordable price,weekly good rate,neat & clean room.....It's close by Chief Logan Park, It's close by town,close by public library,clean & quite place...friendly staff.truck parking for big truck.close to down town, safe place to stay and very close restaurant service..

Room Tip: affordable price,nice people..
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Stayed with my grandson August 2012. Had to open back to toilet to flush. Shower did not drain. Only one sheet on bed. Would not recommend this motel to anyone. I stay at alot of inexpensive hotels across this country and this WAS THE WORST.
Don't leave a tip - the housekeeper will not get it. I'll let you figure out who does get it. Better yet - if you feel like giving a tip, give it TO THE HOUSEKEEPER

Room Tip: Go somewher else
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank E R
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Me and my family came in at 2 a.m. There was a sign that sign ring bell for service so we did. We waited 10 minutes and no one came. We all needed to use the restroom so we walked down the hallway to find one. Then, a lady (I'm guessing the owners wife.) Popped her head out of a room saying "What you want?". We said,"A room". She asked how many people and beds. Then she told us"Go To Front He Be Back." So, me and my mother went back to the front and rang the bell again. My dad was about to ask her where the restrooms were. She screamed at us,"Why You Ring Bell!?". We all just looked at her confused. My dad said "Uhhh, What?" She screamed again, "No you! Why you Ring Bell!?" Very hateful and rude as if there was not a sign saying "Ring Bell for service" on it. We just said forget it and we all walked out. She was very unfriendly for yelling at us like that. Didn't see much of the hotel except for a toddlers bike and a bunch of papers in the hallway. It , also had a bad odor. Also, The guy at the from desk didn't come until we were all ready in the car.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jessica D

Been to Mountain Trail Inn? Share your experiences!