“Business Lunch”

River City Ale Works
Ranked #34 of 111 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is a neat place. I really like the atmosphere. The food was good. The service was a little slow, especially since it was after the lunch crowd had left.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Our hotel suggested them so we walked a few blocks to get there. We arrived a little after 10pm because they don't close until 11pm. When we walked in we were informed they were closed because "we lose money staying open this late". Then she said "plus, its to dangerous downtown after dark"! I suggested they change their hours on TripAdvisor & Google and then she badgered me for mentioning it. Rude & lazy.

I will never return.

2  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I contacted River City Ale Works on June 26, 2017, for a catering job that was to be on June 28, 2017. With very short notice, they prepared an amazing breakfast for 100 individuals at an event held at the Northern Community College. They also continued throughout the day to refresh beverages. The meeting was held from 8am-5pm. Their pricing is extremely reasonable. When in the area, I will be definitely use River City Ale Works again as my caterer.

1  Thank arhl1
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Went there for a late lunch. Server and hostess were very friendly and sufficient. Husband had the Philly Steak and he said it was very flavorful and good. I had the pierogi's. I was looking for home made, but they were like Mrs. T's. They were fried with peppers and onions which brought good flavor. Next time I will try something else.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I've been here many many times. Great service. Good food. Not much for the vegetarian. But great location and with a little more daring menu it could be great. They used to make their own beer here years ago, I believe. No longer is the case. Definitely worth a try.

Been to River City Ale Works? Share your experiences!