“Excellent Fish”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

A must have if you visit Wheeling. Excellent fried fish sandwiches and fries,with fast service. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Although I now live in Cleveland. I grew up in the Wheeling area. This is a popular place for the locals and VERY Well known throughout the area. I don't think there is a person in the valley who doesn't know about and absolutely love Coleman's Fish! Anytime I'm back in the area visiting family. I always try to make my way to Coleman's to get a fish sandwich. I have yet to find a better fish Sandwich in the 10+ years I have lived in the Cleveland area. So I think that speaks for itself how amazing these sandwiches are! Keep in mind that you don't always have to go to Wheeling to get a Coleman's fish sandwich, as there are multiple local restaurants in the surrounding area that also serve the same Coleman's fish. I highly recommend Mary Anne's Schlepp's restaurant. They offer the same Coleman's fish you get at the market, but also offer it on a Homemade Bread which is to DIE FOR!!! No matter if you get your Coleman's fish at the Centre Market in Wheeling or elsewhere, I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed! Coleman's Fish is Definitely a local favorite!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Nothing fancy here, but the fish sandwiches have people patiently lining up to place and collect their orders. Always make it a stop when I’m back home visiting family. Consistent quality, and even though it may lack in presentation (white bread is the standard), they make up for it in friendliness!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We have patroned Coleman's several times while attending the yearly Oglbay's Oglbayfest and each visit the food is delish!! It is busy. The menu is displayed above the cashiers, which is my only complaint because I feel rushed when I finally get to the cashier to plce my order because the print ia too small to see while waiting in line...we have had their fish sandwich, crab cakes, shrimp, oysters and lobster bisque all delicious...I personally did not care for the alligator chowder. However everything else was wonderful..a great experience..

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The location of Coleman's Fish is in historic Wheeling WV. You may have to stand in line for a few minutes, but that is no bother due to knowing what you are waiting on. There is also a separate line for special order, although it serves another type of fish.
They have lobster to choose from, etc. If you choose, you can also order the fish by bulk, and also, the batter mix. The employees are absolutely home spun. Worth waiting in line let alone the trip to wonderful Wheeling, WV.

Been to Coleman's Fish Market? Share your experiences!