“Delicious from drinks to dessert”

Little Village Cafe
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Baraboo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Wow- we visited the Little Village Cafe this past Sunday after going through the small Sunday market. It was recommended by the clerk at the antique shop. I'm very glad we accepted her advice! We had a large group (14 people) and called ahead to see if they could seat us. They were able to seat us (separately, but that was fine with the group) upon arrival and the service was amazing. Food was well prepared and I enjoyed one of the best Bloody Marys I've had in a while- delightfully spicy! Don't skip the dessert! We shared the carrot cake and also the grilled poundcake with berries and whipped cream. I will be back whenever I visit Baraboo again. Thanks for taking care of our group!

Reviewed 12 August 2016

When I hear cafe I think tea and pastries. This little cafe has a great selection of excellent food and alcoholic beverages.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

This is the best place to eat in Baraboo!!! When we visit the area, We always include a stop at the Little Village Café. Their menu is so diverse and interesting that it's easy to find something that will please most palates. Their menu includes things like crab cakes, hummus, pasta, fish, sandwiches, and burritos. My favorite is their Moroccan Chicken. It's located on Baraboo's historic square. The building itself has some historic origins.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

I have eaten their bean burrito, always so good and more than I can eat, unless very hungry from hiking. My son loves their chicken taco salad. Daughter had the chicken pasta dish and it was as good as an Italian restaurant in Madison, WI. A few tables available for outside seating. Salads are very good too.

Fun pictures on wall and counters of restaurants history. Staff so nice and willing to accommodate special orders. And with all that, the prices are great for a nice lunch.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Stopped here for lunch on our way to Wisconsin Dells (2 hour trip). When we walked in it looked like a cute old dinner with a twist. They had bottles of wine on the counter and beer in a cooler with a fairly healthy, slightly eclectic twist on the lunch menu.

My husband ordered the soup of the day (creamy egg plant with goat cheese, I think) and so happy he share--it was incredible!

I had the curry chicken salad which was diced chicken lightly tossed in a flavorful curry sauce served on a bed of very fresh field greens with lots of veggies and a cucumber wasabi dressing. Truly the best salad I have ever had!

My husband had a grilled chicken sandwich with red pepper relish on a homemade bun--also yummy.

The service was provided by the owners, mom, dad, daughter and perhaps brother, who all took the time to chat.

This is such a great find and a true example of what a great family run business should look and taste like! Well done Village Cafe--we will most certainly stop again!

1  Thank julieki

Been to Little Village Cafe? Share your experiences!