“It''s Super Quiet!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

rangerdeb
Wisconsin
“It''s Super Quiet!”
Reviewed 14 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Loved it! Great views. It was full moon when we arrived. It was plump and orange. Near by a Barred Owl asked "Who cooks for you?" The crickets sung us to sleep each night :) Being "unplugged" was a good thing. We were able to regain focus, on what's important. We will return!

Your age range 50-64
kharper67
Madison, Wisconsin
“Amazing”
Reviewed 7 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

My Husband and I just left this great place. So secluded and very quite. I was very sad when we left today I just wanted to stay there for a few more days.
The cabin is very clean and well kept. The porta Potty was awesome. It did not smell and very clean. The birds around the cabin are the best 5am alarm clock. It was relaxing just watching them. Everyone that stays here will leave with a great feeling of relaxation. The owners were amazing people. Until next time enjoy your stay.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
8 Jun 2016
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!
dodedude2...
Temecula, California
“"The Country, The sounds of the Crickets, the Whippoorwills, the Cows Mooing and one's own heartbeat. "”
Reviewed 14 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

This was a bit of heaven for me and its like going back 2 my childhood days staying on the farm in Barnum. I manage to purchase a Kerosene Lantern and pretended I was back in the settler days along with a good book to read as well and cooked over on the fire pit \with my Marshmallows. I ate lightly. I wasn't there to eat just to relax and enjoy 'fresh country air'. I came in on late Wednesday evening airplane flight out of DBQ and with the basic backpack amenities. I was only at the Cabin for (2) nights and I didn't see that 'outside electric outlet' till I was leaving the coming next morning. Otherwise, I would have "purchased a very long extension cord" 4 a lamp too see by as my eyesight is poor.

Will I come back? Of course, in 2016. I slept good and I did hear those 'Coyotes' like as if they were under my window and saw Deer in the early morning of my departure of day 3.

I was on a mission to visit the Boscobel Cemetery for my days in Wisconsin. The closing of my stay a sad Friday morning I sat and chatted with seven Horses and we 'ate' popcorn and then sat on the back steps with the house dog we 'ate' popcorn. The owners were not in present. My departure ~ " I left a Thank you note of appreciation." And I left the Kerosene Lantern at the Cabin too.

Now as for those stars at night one can only see those type of stars in the openness of the sky in the dark. I manage to find the 'north star' and talk to my mom at 10:00 p.m. One thing though, I could 'hear' my own heart beat while I was out there in the country. The country has always been 'HOME' for me and I love that corner of the State of Wisconsin. It is God's country by far. From ~ "The old one."

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and close to heaven
Liked least: The light situation was very hard on me
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
14 Sep 2015
We enjoyed having you as a guest and helping you find comfort at The Windy Ridge Retreat. Thank you for staying with us!
Osseo, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
14 Sep 2015
Thank you for staying at the Windy Ridge Retreat!
Brendan G
Baltimore, Maryland
“Rustic, isolated and beautiful”
Reviewed 9 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I needed an escape from the big city to work on my dissertation and this cabin delivered. It is isolated: you cannot see any neighbors from the cabin area; you don't hear cars; you can avoid meeting people entirely if you so wish. I went for runs with my dog and met some local folks (including a truck driver looking for his missing sheep...). Everyone was extremely friendly. Also, there is easy access to two towns (around 8 minutes away) which have grocery stores and shops with essential products. This is not a place for people who want luxury accomodations (there is only one electrical outlet; there is not a refrigerator; the stove is a wood-burning one and thus not usable in summer). But for those who like it a bit more rustic (hunters, campers, writers, etc.) this is a great getaway. Highly recommended (also Sherri was very helpful!).

Travelling group: Other
14 Sep 2015
So glad you enjoyed your stay and found what you were looking for!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$70
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing