“Good place for lunch buffet”

Peggy Yee Emperor's Kitchen
Ranked #55 of 172 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 March 2017

The Emperor's Kitchen lunch buffet is a cut above most of the store front ones that you typically see. While they may have fewer offerings (typically about 10, plus soup), the quality is better, in my opinion. At $7.95 the items vary by day, but on this trip there was chicken with vegetables, egg foo young, spicy pork, deep fried chicken and your choice of either orange sauce or sweet and sour sauce, fried rice and lo mein noodles. I miss the egg rolls that used to be a regular feature in the now closed location in Delafield, but if you are craving Chinese food, this is a good place to scratch that itch at a very reasonable price, and you won't leave hungry. Oh, and one tip--if you order hot tea as your beverage, it is included in the meal price.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We ate here 3-18 for lunch first time in years, nothing like the old Delafield location. I had the Cantonese chicken the noodles were burned and the entire dish tasted like it. I asked the waitress to please take it off the bill since it ruined my appetite, she ended up having another made which was nice but not any better this time the noodles weren't even fully cooked. Not much chicken just a large amount of bamboo shoots, pea pods, canned mushrooms and uncooked noodles. Needless to say I was very disappointed in the quality of what use to be great food. I will stick to my local strip mall Chinese food. I won't be back!!

Reviewed 18 February 2017

My favorite and only place for Chinese food. Really miss the Delafield location since they closed. Only get to eat in Brookfield when in the area now. Really wish they would open another location back out our way. Favorite thing to order is Shrimp Egg Foo Young and Chicken Chop Suey. And Chinese Chicken is awesome as well.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Egg rolls were tough and greasy. Chicken egg foo young was nice and plump. Chicken hong sue had a bland brown sauce with CANNED MUSHROOMS!

Won't be back.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We have been eating at Emperor's Kitchen in Brookfield for over fifteen years. The food is always fresh, and great service. Very good value for your money, as we get at least one more entire meal from from our dinner. Best eggrolls hands down, in the area.